IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How can I stop Driver Booster from installing automatically?

Is there any way to stop other Iobit software from installing Driver Booster automatically, without my permission? I use Iobit software to avoid that sort of thing -- not to get more of it. Apparently it's being done by Advanced SystemCare 8.2 (free) or Advanced Malware Fighter 3.1 (free), but since it does so without asking me, I can't tell where it's coming from -- and I can't find anything in the settings or other forums about the issue. Thanks.

Hi, I found this at FAQ.

Driver Booster PRO, Smart Defrag PRO, Protected Folder, and IObit Malware Fighter PRO are not included in Advanced SystemCare Ultimate. They are stand-alone products from IObit.

I think when you installed ASC, you also checked the tick box to include driver booster as well? 1.gif

Hi, I found this at FAQ.

Driver Booster PRO, Smart Defrag PRO, Protected Folder, and IObit Malware Fighter PRO are not included in Advanced SystemCare Ultimate. They are stand-alone products from IObit.

I think when you installed ASC, you also checked the tick box to include driver booster as well? 1.gif

What you have said is not related to the FAQ. It is meant there that the PRO versions (paid programs) of IObit Products are not included in ASCU.

Unless an action is made by the user, ASC does not install any program. Usually, if specific configuration is needed, one should do everything in ASC manually and adjust all the settings one by one manually without using default settings.

FYI, to stop updating of any IObit product, all and every related IObit product update in Windows scheduling should be disabled.

Cheers.

Hi eddiehuff,

IObit software will not install Driver Booster automatically. Please make sure and thell us what steps you did before Driver Booster was installed so that we can look into it.

Is there any way to stop other Iobit software from installing Driver Booster automatically, without my permission? I use Iobit software to avoid that sort of thing -- not to get more of it. Apparently it's being done by Advanced SystemCare 8.2 (free) or Advanced Malware Fighter 3.1 (free), but since it does so without asking me, I can't tell where it's coming from -- and I can't find anything in the settings or other forums about the issue. Thanks.

Archived