IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

there is no perfect driver update utility - Driver Booster made me reinstall windows 10 from scr

After 4 years of being away from iobit products, I return back (see the other post link for details).

I'm currenly using:

Advanced SystemCare 9 Pro

Smart Defrag 4 pro

Uninstaller 5 pro

And was using:

DriverBooster 3 pro

Well, everything was fine until I ran DriverBooster and updated all my drivers, after a reboot, my Nvidia card was no longer recognized and can't roll back, even doing a manual uninstall and reinstall of the driver was useless, my windows refuses to recognize Nvidia card.

Also my Intel Chipset was screwed, my system was suffering random hung (about 10 to 20 seconds) and then became responsive again.

I even tried to run a deep scan using ASC with no result either

I tried to do a windows re installation (not from scratch), and the issue was still there, so the only definite solution was to re-format and install windows 10 from scratch :x

After such bad experience I requested my refund for Driver Booster pro, and iobit applied my refund.

So, why am I writing this? here the explanation:

I've tried almost all driver updates our there for windows, and with ALL of them have experienced at some point a negative experience, some minors (just rolling back or using a previous driver fixed the problem) and other major (re-formatting and reinstalling windows)

And unfortunately iobit Driver Booster is not the exception.

I'm aware that iobit staff is very responsive, and when I requested my refund the request me to gather some information so that they do an analysis, but since I've reinstalled windows I was not able to provide such info.

Also i've seen that Driver Booster forums are the ones with more complains :?: and again is appreciated iobit''s asking for further information, but unfortunately some users can't provide anything else, because windows is not booting at all and windows has been reinstalled.

I´ve never experiences such frustrating situation with ASC and SD, they two work like a charm.

But I will definitely never ever user a "driver update" tool again.

I will publish another post with some suggestion to really make Driver Booster stay apart from the competitors and most important: to effectively manage worst case scenarios like BSOD or not able to roll back or restore a windows installation (and having to reinstall it from scratch)

Advanced SystemCare 9 pro & Smart Defrag 4 pro - the best combination to achieve the best windows 10 optimization - IObit.Com Forums

• 3 months later...
Iobit, any comment?

Hi ektorbarajas,

Very sorry for the late reply and the convenience you had.

If you encounter any problem related to Driver Booster in future, you may please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to analyze.

We will check it asap. Thanks a lot.

Archived