IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestions to really differentiate Driver Booster from all other driver updaters

As I've expressed in another post, the driver update utilities at some point fail and the result is that you finish with a system that cannot boot at all or cannot be restores or rolled back (even if the driver updater has this rollback/restore function).

So here are my suggestions, some of them maybe difficult to implement, but if iobit really wants to differentiate Driver Booster, I guess that they should consider them:

1) implement some kind of sandbox to "experiment" and see how windows will behave with a new driver update:

this feature will let the user see if windows will work fine, or if a BSOD or other major issue will appear, I know this idea sounds great but the implementation would be difficult

2) Driver booster should have an option to totally pull all the hardware information from the computer, like a detailed snapshot of device manager, including all hardware IDs:

That information should be prepared in a compressed file and sent back to iobit, so then iobit staff can test and check if any driver update will eventually result in a major issue to the user's computer.

Also would be great if iobit can return a result of the analysis and based on that result, to customize Driver Booster to avoid certain updated and/or keep some devices with previous driver versions (also the user if he wants, can see a detailed report from iobit's experts)

since this feature will require additional time from iobit's to re-create the user setup, test, troubleshoot etc. this can be a PRO feature

3) based on features 1 and 2, Driver Booster can "learn" and adapt to the user's computer, so even if there is a newer Nvidia chipset driver that IS compatible and IS certified, Driver Booster will block and avoid this update to prevent user's computer to become unstable or to show major issues

4) implement some kind of advanced analysis that can compare how a device will work with driver version 1 vs driver version 2, so if driver booster determines that updating to version 2 will NOT present major issues and will provide a noticeable benefit, then to advise the user this, and if possible show the measurable improvement, for example: by updating the intel chipset driver from version 1 to version 2 will result in a reduction of transfer rate between HDDs, or will result in a better communication between RAM and CPU, etc.

5) the current rollback/restore function (that also all other driver updaters use) in some cases is totally useless, specially when you apply updated, do a restart, and windows wont boot at all (even in safe mode). So to implement a restore function like this:

A) driver booster to has a boot module, that allows you to create a self boot media (CD, DVD, USB Flash, even EHDD and Blu-ray)

B) so when the basic rollback/restore is not working or cannot be even performed, then the user boot his computer with this "Driver Booster Boot Media"

C) this bootable media will allow to load Driver booster

D) then the Driver Booster will show the previous restore points created with information of what was updated/changed and if possible to indicate what driver update was the culprit for the major issue, to then the user can effectively roll back

IMPORTANT: this needs to be a totally different approach as the windows restore function, since what this driver booster should do is to just apply the device drivers that were known to let Windows work 100% ok

6) A function that after a driver update, will make driver booster to continually monitor (background task) the computer, see and log how it behaves, detect any issue or potential use, and store all that data in some kind of database, then after any given time, driver booster can tell if the driver updates are considered safe or if any potential issue was detected, and so advise the user with a report.

Maybe after a driver update is performed, to keep monitoring for maybe 5 or 10 computer reboots (I guess that after that numer of reboots, this module can determine if the updates were safe or not)

IMPORTANT: perhaps this component can be implement in ASC pro and work in conjunction with driverbooster, since the nature of this feature falls between ASC and Driver Booster (maybe iobit can further analyze this and decide how to implement it)

A) In case that this "module" determines that driver updates are ok and behave well, the the user confirms and all this information is sent back to iobit's to "nourish" the Driver Booster database and have this setup flagged as successfull

B) in case that the module determines or detect issues, then inform the user of the identified issues, ask user confirmation and also sent it back to Iobit's HQ.

7) provide a solid reporting tool inside driver booster, so that users can not only report a problem, but also provide feedback, for example: if the user updated the intel chipset from version 1 to version 2, and after the monitor period (described in suggestion #6) everything is ok, then driver booster can pop up a window asking user's feedback, this feedback should have a free text box so that user enters any comments but also some information that can be checked or selected (like ease of installation, if user has detected some kind of performance improvement, if any minor issue was found, etc.)

Well, so far those are my ideas, any new ideas are welcome and hope that iobit really consider them

Kind regards

Iobit, are you there?, Several years have passed since I was active in the forums,. I remember in the past the responses to user's posts were almost immediatly

Yes, that used to be the case, but sadly things have changed. The negative change seems to have begun when the Forum was updated to the newer version of vBulletin. There were many issues with the changeover, and despite the best efforts of the users and forum leaders, Iobit dragged their heels on the issues and I think both users and leaders became dis-enchanted.

Additionally, Iobit adopted a stance of answering topics/posts selectively and seemed to avoid a lot of users concerns. This coupled with the fact that Iobit's replies now mostly consist of requesting users to supply logs and feedback rather than trying to assist with issues. It is understandable that sometimes logs will be required, but then the user should at least expect some feedback, which as you have seen yourself is no longer happening.

Hopefully, things will change soon and users will once again be able to see the forum as it was before.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm impressed that so far no one at iobit has commented this post. I really hope to see at leaste one comment from iobit.

At this point and for what I've expressed in this post, I'm not going to use Driver Booster or any other driver update at all

• 2 weeks later...
As I've expressed in another post, the driver update utilities at some point fail and the result is that you finish with a system that cannot boot at all or cannot be restores or rolled back (even if the driver updater has this rollback/restore function).

So here are my suggestions, some of them maybe difficult to implement, but if iobit really wants to differentiate Driver Booster, I guess that they should consider them:

1) implement some kind of sandbox to "experiment" and see how windows will behave with a new driver update:

this feature will let the user see if windows will work fine, or if a BSOD or other major issue will appear, I know this idea sounds great but the implementation would be difficult

2) Driver booster should have an option to totally pull all the hardware information from the computer, like a detailed snapshot of device manager, including all hardware IDs:

That information should be prepared in a compressed file and sent back to iobit, so then iobit staff can test and check if any driver update will eventually result in a major issue to the user's computer.

Also would be great if iobit can return a result of the analysis and based on that result, to customize Driver Booster to avoid certain updated and/or keep some devices with previous driver versions (also the user if he wants, can see a detailed report from iobit's experts)

since this feature will require additional time from iobit's to re-create the user setup, test, troubleshoot etc. this can be a PRO feature

3) based on features 1 and 2, Driver Booster can "learn" and adapt to the user's computer, so even if there is a newer Nvidia chipset driver that IS compatible and IS certified, Driver Booster will block and avoid this update to prevent user's computer to become unstable or to show major issues

4) implement some kind of advanced analysis that can compare how a device will work with driver version 1 vs driver version 2, so if driver booster determines that updating to version 2 will NOT present major issues and will provide a noticeable benefit, then to advise the user this, and if possible show the measurable improvement, for example: by updating the intel chipset driver from version 1 to version 2 will result in a reduction of transfer rate between HDDs, or will result in a better communication between RAM and CPU, etc.

5) the current rollback/restore function (that also all other driver updaters use) in some cases is totally useless, specially when you apply updated, do a restart, and windows won´t boot at all (even in safe mode). So to implement a restore function like this:

A) driver booster to has a boot module, that allows you to create a self boot media (CD, DVD, USB Flash, even EHDD and Blu-ray)

B) so when the basic rollback/restore is not working or cannot be even performed, then the user boot his computer with this "Driver Booster Boot Media"

C) this bootable media will allow to load Driver booster

D) then the Driver Booster will show the previous restore points created with information of what was updated/changed and if possible to indicate what driver update was the culprit for the major issue, to then the user can effectively roll back

IMPORTANT: this needs to be a totally different approach as the windows restore function, since what this driver booster should do is to just apply the device drivers that were known to let Windows work 100% ok

6) A function that after a driver update, will make driver booster to continually monitor (background task) the computer, see and log how it behaves, detect any issue or potential use, and store all that data in some kind of database, then after any given time, driver booster can tell if the driver updates are considered safe or if any potential issue was detected, and so advise the user with a report.

Maybe after a driver update is performed, to keep monitoring for maybe 5 or 10 computer reboots (I guess that after that numer of reboots, this module can determine if the updates were safe or not)

IMPORTANT: perhaps this component can be implement in ASC pro and work in conjunction with driverbooster, since the nature of this feature falls between ASC and Driver Booster (maybe iobit can further analyze this and decide how to implement it)

A) In case that this "module" determines that driver updates are ok and behave well, the the user confirms and all this information is sent back to iobit's to "nourish" the Driver Booster database and have this setup flagged as successfull

B) in case that the module determines or detect issues, then inform the user of the identified issues, ask user confirmation and also sent it back to Iobit's HQ.

7) provide a solid reporting tool inside driver booster, so that users can not only report a problem, but also provide feedback, for example: if the user updated the intel chipset from version 1 to version 2, and after the monitor period (described in suggestion #6) everything is ok, then driver booster can pop up a window asking user's feedback, this feedback should have a free text box so that user enters any comments but also some information that can be checked or selected (like ease of installation, if user has detected some kind of performance improvement, if any minor issue was found, etc.)

Well, so far those are my ideas, any new ideas are welcome and hope that iobit really consider them

Kind regards

Hi ektorbarajas,

Really appreciated for your kind suggestions. Our developing team considerated all your suggestion seriously. And our replies are as below:

No.5 is a wonderful suggestion, but considering we need to meet the requirements of common users first, so we will not consider this at present.

No.1 is too difficult to implement. We will try our best to improve ourselves.

And for the other suggestions, due to they are all based on No. 1, so we can not achieve them right now.

Many thanks again.

Archived