IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASmedia USB3.1 Host Controller

This version is not compatible with the Asus Z97-E USB 3.1. I had to rollback the driver to the previous one. It causes "Device Not Detected" in the Device Manager. Hope this helps someone else.

Operation Type : Restore

Operation Time : 6/21/2017 2:44:19 PM

Device Type : Universal Serial Bus controllers

Device Name : ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller

Current Driver Version : 1.16.45.1 (incompatible)

Restore Driver Version : 1.16.33.1 (compatible) (also latest driver from Asus site for this motherboard).

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z97EUSB31/HelpDesk_Download/

Hi! Are you using the latest version of driver booster? by the way my suggestion so far is to uninstall the old 1.16.33.1 driver and install the 1.16.45.1 , There is a possibility that there is a conflict. vbsmile.png

I tried your suggestion, still Device Manager shows "unknown device". I kept the download from Asus site and reinstalled ***.33.1 . All is fine again. There is no newer version at Asus for this motherboard and since it works great with .33.1 installed, I will set Driver Booster to ignore future versions of ASmedia USB3.1. Thanks for your suggestion.

Yes. I have the latest version of Driver Booster, Uninstaller, ASC Pro and MalwareFighter.

Due to this silly new PUP change by Malwarebytes, I decided to switch to MalwareFighter and tell anyone else who is a client to do the same thing if they have both ASC and MBAM installed.

After reinstalling 33.1 Windows Updates provided me with 38.1. I uninstalled 38.1 reinstalled from Download Backup 45.1 but it still is not compatible with the Device. I am simply sharing this particular problem with the forum just in case someone else has run into this issue with the Asus Z97-E mobo. I really like Driver Booster but one little incompatible driver out 25 that i's found is not a problem in the scheme of things.

Here is the screenie.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4231/3...b7535589_b.jpg

Archived