IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Source(s) of Driver Updates

bsfinkel

I have installed Driver Booster 4.5, and it reports 22 outdated drivers. I have not updated any oi these drivers because I do not know the source of each driver update. For example, it reports an update for my Samsung ML-331x printer, and I see no new driver updates on the Samsung web site. I have been taught that drivers should be downloaded from the manufacturer's web site and not from a third party.

Another example is Intel® 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E. I see no driver updates on the Intel® web site.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I installed Driver Booster because it might alert me to an installed driver that is old. I always check with the vendor (via its web site) to determine if an installed driver has a newer version available. Driver Booster does give me a list of drivers that it thinks have newer versions, and that is simpler than my looking at all of my installed drivers checking each one.

I installed Driver Booster because it might alert me to an installed driver that is old. I always check with the vendor (via its web site) to determine if an installed driver has a newer version available. Driver Booster does give me a list of drivers that it thinks have newer versions, and that is simpler than my looking at all of my installed drivers checking each one.

Hi bsfinkel,

You may know that driver updates can be provided by a few hardware manufacturers. Rest assured that all our updates are from the legal source and official websites. And you should also know that even though the updates are from official resource and tested before being added into our database, they cannot be guaranteed to be error-free. It's up to you to update them or not. But if anything wrong happens after using Driver Booster, just let us know and we'll try our best to fix it for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a suggestion that would aid me in researching driver updates. Would it be possible to list the driver file name(s) on the Driver Booster report? As I reported above, I see outdated drivers, but without the filename(s) of each driver, I cannot do independent research on the drivers that Booster claims are outdated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a suggestion that would aid me in researching driver updates. Would it be possible to list the driver file name(s) on the Driver Booster report? As I reported above, I see outdated drivers, but without the filename(s) of each driver, I cannot do independent research on the drivers that Booster claims are outdated. Thanks.

Hi bsfinkel,

Sorry that i failed to understand you clearly. What do you mean by saying driver file name? Could you please give us an example? And which Driver Booster report your refer to?