X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iLikeTech
    started a topic Three Questions (DBp7)

Three Questions (DBp7)

As I value Transparency, there are three things I need answers to. Firstly, where are the drivers received from. Secondly, there's a newer PCI Express root port driver that appears to be an older file version (10.1.2.80(current) is being replaced by 10.1.1.36("Available")), why is it a previous version, is the update a rollback? Thirdly and most importantly, where can I get the patch notes from so I know what is being updated exactly. I need to know what about it was needed to be updated. Any help will be appreciated.

• Cicely
    replied
    Originally posted by iLikeTech View Post
    As I value Transparency, there are three things I need answers to. Firstly, where are the drivers received from. Secondly, there's a newer PCI Express root port driver that appears to be an older file version (10.1.2.80(current) is being replaced by 10.1.1.36("Available")), why is it a previous version, is the update a rollback? Thirdly and most importantly, where can I get the patch notes from so I know what is being updated exactly. I need to know what about it was needed to be updated. Any help will be appreciated.
    Hi iLikeTech,
    Welcome to join us at the forum.
    For your questions, you may know:
    1. All the updates provided by Driver Booster are from official recourse and will be tested before being added into our database.
    2. We check the release date first then the version number. The version number is just a code and sometimes the code is wrong, e.g. the version number may be smaller after you update a driver. As an aside, the version number is not defined by Driver Booster but the driver manufacturers.
    3. What do you refer to by saying "patch notes"? And normally you can know what is being updated exactly from the updating window. See the picture below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	driver being updated.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	229628

Leave a comment:

Working...
X