IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

DB and virus?

k.rad

Hello, I downloaded the latest version of the program from https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php and during the installation attempt my antivirus (ESET) detected threats. In previous versions, there was no problem. What is going on?

Hi k.rad,

Welcome to join us at the forums.

Currently, Driver Booster is detected as unwanted programs by ESET. However, PUP (unwanted programs) is a very controversial topic since it also makes legit programs as PUP. Rest assured that Driver Booster does not have virus.

We contacted ESET to resolve this issue a few days ago but the flag is still there. So it would be helpful if you can also contact ESET for this detection.

At present, you may take the advice of atailor1 to add Driver Booster to ESET's exclusion if you want to install Driver Booster.

Thanks.

Thank you very much for the explanation. I hope that ESET will respond to your request because I often use this program. If it would be possible, please inform me on this post or in a private message that eset has stopped detecting DB as a virus. Regards

Archived