Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster V7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster V7

    Hello guys,

    Good news. Driver Booster V7 is available now. Enjoy the new features and improvement.

    1. Download

    Download Driver Booster V7

    2. Send your Feedback

    - E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: dbfeedback@iobit.com
    - Join discussion on our forums.

    3. Share Driver Booster with your families, friends, and colleagues

    4. What's New

    + Real-time updating driver database (3,500,000+) helps provide precisely matched updates for all outdated drivers
    + Added support for updating game components Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 redistributable, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8, and Java Runtime Environment 10
    + New scan engine and online database query structure accelerate the scanning by more than 100%
    + New Auto Silent Mode automatically silences all notifications of Driver Booster when a full-screen task or specified program is running
    + Newly upgraded tool "Fix No Sound" doubles its ability to fix sound problems
    + Greatly enhanced tool "Fix Network Failure" supports repairing much more network issues
    + Optimized scan logic to adapt to new Windows 10 May 2019 Update (19H1) for more accurate driver matching
    + Optimized tool "Clean Unplugged Device Data" for easier cleaning
    + Optimized Game Boost to increase the boost speed by 15%
    + Added desktop icon and right-click context menu for Game Boost for more convenient operation
    + Improved the program's self-inspection for better stability
    + New UI and better interaction experience
    + Supported 48 languages


    5. Description:

    Driver Booster 7 is a must-have driver updater to keep drivers and game components up to date. It is very powerful yet easy-to-use for all Windows users.

    Driver Booster 7 can update all outdated/faulty/missing drivers with just 1-click. In this version, the database is further expanded to 3, 500, 000+, which ensures all outdated drivers and game components can be updated for almost all Windows users. And all the supported drivers have passed Microsoft WHQL tests and strictly followed IObit Review Rules, which can fully guarantee the accuracy and security of driver updating. Besides, Driver Booster 7 also offers auto driver update service so that driver download and installation can be performed while the system is idle, which saves users a lot of valuable time.

    With another important feature - Boost (including Game Boost and System Optimize), Driver Booster 7 also brings users the best gaming experience by boosting the system with 1-click. Moreover, the 7 useful tools in Driver Booster 7 help users to restore the system, view system information, and fix the most common headache problems like no sound, network failure, bad resolution, and device error.

    In summary, Driver Booster 7 not only updates outdated device drivers & game components, helps fix common but tricky problems to increase the system compatibility & stability, but also boosts system for a better gaming experience.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

  • #2
    I've installed it on four computers so far. I find the claim of having a million more drivers that v6 to be highly questionable. On every computer I've installed it on, it finds the same number of driver updates as v6 does and they have the same date.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why would you expect it to find more drivers than V6. Just because it has a bigger data base does not mean that there are any newer driver updates available for your pc's.
      The only way to check how effective V7 is, is to go to your device(s) maker and see if they have newer updates.
      To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Scannan View Post
        Why would you expect it to find more drivers than V6. .
        Well you claim it has a database containing one million more drivers than v6 has. With that in mind, it is is logical to assume it would find drivers for some devices that v6 does not have in its database and that soe of the drivers it finds would be more recent drivers than v6 finds. Bear in mind that some of the computers I tested it on had clean installs of Windows 10, with no driver updates being done, other than from running Windows Update. One of the computers had two missing drivers, which were no found by either v6 or v7.

        Comment


        • #5
          It can only update drivers if there are updates available. As I said The only way to check how effective V7 is, is to go to your device(s) maker and see if they have newer updates.
          To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scannan View Post
            It can only update drivers if there are updates available. As I said The only way to check how effective V7 is, is to go to your device(s) maker and see if they have newer updates.
            There are newer updates for some of the devices and some of the devices do not even have drivers installed. But Driver Booster 7 does not find the updated or missing drivers. I've seen claims made in the past about new versions including more drivers, but in my experience it seems to me that new versions are using the exact same database of drivers as the previous versions.

            Comment


            • #7
              I am not trying to promote DB, and if you have found newer drivers that DB did not find, then that is definitely something Iobit should look at.
              However, I cannot understand how you can have a pc with no drivers installed. It would be impossible to boot such a machine. Every pc has some drivers installed as part of the operating system.
              you only need new drivers if you add hardware or peripherals to your pc.
              I honestly think that you are not quite sure regarding drivers, and this may be influencing your assessment of DB.
              To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Scannan View Post
                I am not trying to promote DB, and if you have found newer drivers that DB did not find, then that is definitely something Iobit should look at.
                However, I cannot understand how you can have a pc with no drivers installed. It would be impossible to boot such a machine. Every pc has some drivers installed as part of the operating system.
                you only need new drivers if you add hardware or peripherals to your pc.
                I honestly think that you are not quite sure regarding drivers, and this may be influencing your assessment of DB.
                I never said I had no drivers installed. It was a clean install of Windows 10 and while most of the needed drivers were installed by Windows and Windows Update, no drivers were installed for two devices. Driver Booster did not find drivers for these two devices.

                You are not answering my question as to why Driver Booster 7 does not appear to have any more drivers than Driver Booster 6 has. As I said, it appears that they are using the exact same database. If you won't answer the question, I can easily check for my myself and post the results here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Firstly...yes you did say you had not drivers installed....you said.."and some of the devices do not even have drivers installed."
                  Secondly...I can only act on what you tell me. You did not say anything about a clean install of Windows.
                  Thirdly...I do not work for Iobit. I volunteer on the Forum to try to assist users with issues. So...no I cannot answer the question regarding the database.
                  I have already suggested that you do the check yourself and thereby verify if Iobits database is incomplete and then Iobit can correct the issue as I have already suggested.
                  To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scannan View Post
                    Firstly...yes you did say you had not drivers installed....you said.."and some of the devices do not even have drivers installed."
                    Secondly...I can only act on what you tell me. You did not say anything about a clean install of Windows.
                    Thirdly...I do not work for Iobit. I volunteer on the Forum to try to assist users with issues. So...no I cannot answer the question regarding the database.
                    I have already suggested that you do the check yourself and thereby verify if Iobits database is incomplete and then Iobit can correct the issue as I have already suggested.
                    I said "some of the devices." Some does not mean all. Please actually read what I said, as I did mention clean installs of Windows 10.

                    My issue is that v7 appears to have the exact same database of drivers as v6. If this is the case, the claim of 1,000,000 extra drivers is a lie and should be withdrawn.

                    Is there someone from IObit who can answer my questions?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It seems that I am unable to assist you as you are becoming agitated for some reason.
                      So you will have to await a response from Iobit.
                      To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Only because you weren't actually reading what I wrote. I will wait to hear from IObit. Thanks for your help.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Scannan View Post
                          I am not trying to promote DB, and if you have found newer drivers that DB did not find, then that is definitely something Iobit should look at.
                          However, I cannot understand how you can have a pc with no drivers installed. It would be impossible to boot such a machine. Every pc has some drivers installed as part of the operating system.
                          you only need new drivers if you add hardware or peripherals to your pc.
                          I honestly think that you are not quite sure regarding drivers, and this may be influencing your assessment of DB.
                          Hi Scannan,
                          We must says thanks for all your help in answering the questions about Driver Booster.
                          IObit Support Team --
                          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by roger_m View Post
                            I never said I had no drivers installed. It was a clean install of Windows 10 and while most of the needed drivers were installed by Windows and Windows Update, no drivers were installed for two devices. Driver Booster did not find drivers for these two devices.

                            You are not answering my question as to why Driver Booster 7 does not appear to have any more drivers than Driver Booster 6 has. As I said, it appears that they are using the exact same database. If you won't answer the question, I can easily check for my myself and post the results here.
                            Hi roger_m,

                            For your question "why Driver Booster 7 does not appear to have any more drivers than Driver Booster 6 has", you may know that our driver database of DB 7 is indeed larger than that of DB6, which means DB 7 supports updating more device drivers and game components than DB 6. But it doesn't mean DB7 can definitely detect more driver updates for one specific computer than DB 6 does. The reasons are as below:
                            1. If the device DB7 newly supports is not installed on your PC, you will not see the corresponding driver update in DB7.
                            2. We are not driver manufacturers and the drivers we provide come from hardware manufacturers, our updates depend on theirs. Which means if a hardware manufacturer does not release new update, there is no way DB can provide the update for this hardware on your computer.
                            3. To make sure the drivers in our database are stable enough for most computers, we have more strict rules to filter drivers, which takes us longer time to test. That's why sometimes we are slower to display the outdated drivers, and sometimes we won't even show those that may cause serious PC problems.

                            If you find there is any newer version of your device driver than the version DB provides (the driver date is newer), please provide us with the following information so that we can manually double check this driver for you:
                            1. What is this driver? (You can send us the screenshot of the scan result of other driver update tools or related information in your Device Manager)
                            2. What is the driver date and driver version of the missing driver
                            3. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe,, >> double click to run this tool >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file.

                            Thanks for your understanding.


                            IObit Support Team --
                            If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have installed this on 3 machines in my network and I a very impressed with it. I am sure that it won't be in beta too much longer.
                              Great job on this one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X