Send Your Feedback for Driver Booster V7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pendaws View Post
    I have installed this on 3 machines in my network and I a very impressed with it. I am sure that it won't be in beta too much longer.
    Great job on this one.
    Hi Pendaws,
    Thanks for your wonderful support. Your feedback is really inspiring.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

One concern I'm sure that will pop up, being I'm nearing the 'renewal' time for my key on Driver Booster... With the release of DB 7 coming out, will those with DB6 roll into DB7 or will those with 6 be expected to 'get a new key' for 7? If it is a free upgrade, some soothing of anxieties would be good because there are going to be many who are going to be standoffish on purchasing / renewing due to the 'beta' announcements (imminent release coming) thinking they are soon to have a 'dead key' and stuck with an old product.

Additionally, if the key ISN'T going to roll into a free upgrade, then there should be some 'grace' period for those who purchase within say 45 days prior to release to get a 'free' key to DB 7 so they don't feel cheated.

Grey

Comment

If you have a licenced version of DB then when you upgrade the licence is transferred to the new version.
        You only need a new licence once the licence period is expired.
        To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcongrey View Post
          One concern I'm sure that will pop up, being I'm nearing the 'renewal' time for my key on Driver Booster... With the release of DB 7 coming out, will those with DB6 roll into DB7 or will those with 6 be expected to 'get a new key' for 7? If it is a free upgrade, some soothing of anxieties would be good because there are going to be many who are going to be standoffish on purchasing / renewing due to the 'beta' announcements (imminent release coming) thinking they are soon to have a 'dead key' and stuck with an old product.

Additionally, if the key ISN'T going to roll into a free upgrade, then there should be some 'grace' period for those who purchase within say 45 days prior to release to get a 'free' key to DB 7 so they don't feel cheated.

Grey
          Hi Falcongrey,

Scannan is right. The purchased license code during its valid service can be used to register any Driver Booster PRO version.

IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by Cicely View Post

Hi Falcongrey,

Scannan is right. The purchased license code during its valid service can be used to register any Driver Booster PRO version.
            Excellent news to hear, but it may be something to advertise a bit more boldly so others understand this who may not from just looking at the interface. An example would be to add 'Pro users upgrade to 7 Free on release* 'where it says "Try Driver Booster 7 Beta Now!" with the * referencing "For remaining time on current key." or something along that just so those on the edge of the fence hop over.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcongrey View Post

Excellent news to hear, but it may be something to advertise a bit more boldly so others understand this who may not from just looking at the interface. An example would be to add 'Pro users upgrade to 7 Free on release* 'where it says "Try Driver Booster 7 Beta Now!" with the * referencing "For remaining time on current key." or something along that just so those on the edge of the fence hop over.
              Thanks for your kind suggestion. Our team will consider it carefully. Contact us with any feedback again.

IObit Support Team --

Comment

Originally posted by roger_m View Post
                I've installed it on four computers so far. I find the claim of having a million more drivers that v6 to be highly questionable. On every com as puter I've installed it on, it finds the same number of driver updates as v6 does and they have the same date.

I'm not sure what drivers you're missing, but I've installed DB7 on 4 test machines with various Win10 installations with Win 10 Home, Enterprise and 2 Insider Preview Builds as well and DB7 has found missing drivers for each and every one of the installations as I have deliberately removed drivers on each of the machines from within Device Manager.

Obviously, DB7 will not have every driver in existence as there are literally trillions of drivers on existence. I can say that I am happy with the results shown as usual as I have has no issues thus far. I also happen to love the ease and faster response times of the "Clean Unplugged Device Data".

Keep up the good work Iobit!

Comment

I have 5 serial licences, I wish it were possible to get one licence to cover all the machines I have ion my network? Currently I have 10 machines and keep the other l;licences for spares.
                  This new version of Driver Booster is very good and to date have had NO issue what so ever with it. Keep up the good work. :)

Comment

Originally posted by njazrael71 View Post
                    I'm not sure what drivers you're missing
                    There are plenty of devices that Driver Booster does not have drivers for.

Comment

There are plenty of devices that Driver Booster does not have drivers for.
                      You are aware that there is no chance in the world that ANY application will ever have every driver for every piece of hardware right?
                      Last edited by njazrael71; Aug. 8th, 2019, 17:53.

Comment

While it was installing it was stuck on 99% for a while but why it was stuck on 99% and actually started scanning my computer before it was done installing so far that's the only issue I've seen

Comment

Originally posted by evilme744 View Post
                          While it was installing it was stuck on 99% for a while but why it was stuck on 99% and actually started scanning my computer before it was done installing so far that's the only issue I've seen
                          Hi Evilme744,
                          Welcome to join us at the Forum.
                          The scanning will be affected by your local network status. If Driver Booster failed to scan, please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_YYYYMMDD.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file via email address dbfeedback@iobit.com to look into this issue.
                          Thanks.

IObit Support Team --

Comment

Originally posted by njazrael71 View Post

You are aware that there is no chance in the world that ANY application will ever have every driver for every piece of hardware right?
                            As someone who has used every driver updater ever written, I am well aware of that. My point is that I see no evidence of there being any more drivers specifically in v7 vs previous versions.

Comment

The outdated game components count is misleading. I think it would be better if only outdated game components were included in the count and not ones not installed. For example, if I run a scan, all the installed game components are up to date, but there are 6 I haven't installed. This means that driver Booster's desktop icon, shows that there are 6 missing drivers. Since usually people would have no need to install missing game components, it would be helpful if only outdated game components were counted.

A second suggestion is for you to keep a record of devices which have no driver installed and for which Driver Booster does not have the driver for and then you could try and find the missing drivers and add them to your database. You could even have some section in Driver Booster, where it lists the devices on a PC that you will try and find the missing drivers for. This is something that no other driver update software do does. In some cases, there will be no driver available for windows 10 for example, but will be one available for Windows 7. Maybe you could list these drivers and have the option to install them, with a warning that they may not be fully compatible with Windows 10.

Comment

The outdated game components count is misleading. I think it would be better if only outdated game components were included in the count and not ones not installed. For example, if I run a scan, all the installed game components are up to date, but there are 6 I haven't installed. This means that driver Booster's desktop icon, shows that there are 6 missing drivers. Since usually people would have no need to install missing game components, it would be helpful if only outdated game components were counted.

A second suggestion is for you to keep a record of devices which have no driver installed and for which Driver Booster does not have the driver for and then you could try and find the missing drivers and add them to your database. You could even have some section in Driver Booster, where it lists the devices on a PC that you will try and find the missing drivers for. This is something that no other driver update software do does. In some cases, there will be no driver available for windows 10 for example, but will be one available for Windows 7. Maybe you could list these drivers and have the option to install them, with a warning that they may not be fully compatible with Windows 10.
                                Hi roger_m,

First of all, your suggestion is highly appreciated.

For the one about outdated game components count, i will forward it to our team for consideration.

For the one about missing drivers, you may know that we are always working hard to expand our database. Driver Booster will support more and more device drivers. But for missing driver, it depends on the situations of users' devices as well. Moreover, to make sure the drivers in our database are stable enough for most computers, we have more strict rules to filter drivers, which takes us longer time to test. That's why sometimes we are slower to display the outdated drivers, and sometimes we won't even show those that may cause serious PC problems.

Thanks again for your kind feedback.

IObit Support Team --

Comment

Working...
                                X