IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Driver Booster to v2.4 & Get the Latest News

Cicely

In V2.4, we added "Uninstall" option for unplugged devices. Check it out!

1. Download Now

Download from CNet

2. Send Your Feedback

E-mail us directly: dbfeedback@iobit.com

Post it in this thread, or open a new one on our forums.

• If you report a bug, please provide us with the following information to get quick response from IObit.

1) Click here to download a tool >> double click to run this tool >> click Save report to Desktop >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file with the bug description to dbfeedback@iobit.com

2) Send us the screenshots of the error message, scan result or any information to help specify the problem.

Click here for Guide of Taking Screen Shots

3. News & Offer

Click --> and try Driver Booster V3 Beta!

• Like 1

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is necessary that Driver Booster v2 pay attention at Security (Guarantees OEM Drivers Only- One of the easiest ways to accidentally get malware in to your system is to download drivers from a disreputable source. The best updaters guarantee that all of their drivers come from original equipment manufacturers, or OEMs.)

• Like 1

I'm very excited of this "new" version of DB as I've used the old (1.3 and 1.4) on probably hundreds of pc's. I'm fixing/reparing computers and sometimes I wonder how I could live without it.

One great thing would be that it also checks other programs for updates like flash, java, reader, skype and so on like Avast! do. So in one click you can update everything.. would atleast to me be worth an golden award =)

Which day now can we expect 2.0 beta ? =)

• Like 1

Suggestions to make DR the BEST driver updater!

I've probably used all of the major recommended driver update programs - so from that experience I would like to see the following in the next DB - it will be the best then!

1. If you can somehow reverse engineer the Driver Detective update engine - that program consistently has near perfect discovery of outdated drivers.

2. Have the option of creating a Windows System Restore point for EACH driver installed, instead of JUST one at the beginning of usage. This is important in case only one of the updates is bad, and the Windows driver rollback doesn't work (I've had that happen).

3. Have the ability to backup the drivers to a separate file; external drive; or CD

4. Have the ability to delete unused drivers for devices no longer used.

Thank You!

• Like 1

@Max Martin

Wow, hundreds of PCs... Thank you so much. We also wonder how we could live without users and friends like you :)

Actually, since we released our first Beta version last year, users began to suggest Driver Booster could update flash, java, reader, Avast and so on. But at lease in version 2, we won't add the software updating feature. Sorry about that :(

But, you may see what you want in ASC V8 which is also coming soon...

@Kailasa108

Thank for your suggestions :)

1. If you can somehow reverse engineer the Driver Detective update engine - that program consistently has near perfect discovery of outdated drivers.

------------

In V2 Beta 1, users will enjoy online database which can make the program "consistently has near perfect discovery of outdated drivers".

2. Have the option of creating a Windows System Restore point for EACH driver installed...

----------

At present, we don't create a restore point for each driver udpate because a restore point will take large disk space. But we may consider it in later version :)

Once a driver update causes any problem, you can Roll Back this driver.

3. Have the ability to backup the drivers to a separate file; external drive; or CD

------------

In near future backing up drivers to CD, nope. But if you use an external HDD or USB disk drive, you can change the backup folder to the corresponding Drive letter in Settings.

4. Have the ability to delete unused drivers for devices no longer used.

-------

We already have the driver uninstall feature in current version. And we don't suggest that you uninstall drivers in case that some problem happens.

Hope it helps :)

I have tested the new 2.0 beta now on my own pc and I'm impressed by many things.

1. Great look - easy to use

2. It found those missing intel drivers, like Management Engine and SMbus and also my LAN card that 1.4 missed :-D Beautiful!!!

Overall I'm very pleased! I'll get back if i find any problems. Gonna test on couple of more computers this week and the 11th of August I'm back to work and more pc's is gonna see this one or BETA v2.0 ;)

Ok, I think I found something strange here.. this happened with 3 different computers running H61 and B85 chipset.

It's installing a synaptics driver instead of a smbus driver? I don't even have a touchpad on my pc..

Computers runs fine after installing though. Can it be that it's the right driver but wrong name?

Ok I've forwarded info file to above mentioned email. I'm trying to get more info files from other pc's.

Yday I experienced bluescreen with installing a driver (was it ralink wifi or bluetooth?) on a new HP laptop and also it tried to say i needed nvidia PhysX although this certain laptop have a AMD 8550G graphicscard ;)

And Still experience issuses with my bluetooth CSR 8510 A10 (very common dongle)...

Regards,

MM

@Max Martin

The synaptics driver you reported is the 2nd case for the same problem. We will remove this driver update from our database in 1-2 working days. Before that, please Ignore it manually in this program.

As for other problems you mentioned, my colleague will contact you via email.

Thanks again :)