IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Failed to Update - Firewall and Web Filtering

hilla

Hi Everyone,

I have been trialing Driver Booster 2 and I am getting an Updating Drivers failed.

This will be something to do with our corporate (Sophos UTM) firewall and web filtering.

If I allow the IP address of the computer I have installed Driver Booster to bypass our filtering, all works fine.

My question is, does anyone know the sites, ports, applications, etc, which would need to be allowed / unblocked for Driver Booster to work, without the need to allow the IP address through / bypass our firewall and web filtering.

Thanks.

Anthony

Hi hilla

Welcome to the forum.

It is very unwise of you to try to circumvent your company's Firewall rules, as this could jepordise your employment. Additionally, it is also unwise to update drivers in a corporate environment without your IT departments input/permission, as an incorrectly updated driver could cause serious issues.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am the Network Administrator, I was wondering if there are any other sites Drive Booster goes too?

We actively block various sites for our students.

With our Firewall product, I also have some rules which will block an limit based on Apps (content).

If I temporarily place the IP address of the computer I wish to use Driver Booster on, in a pass through list there are no problems.

I was wondering what sites, ports, etc, I may need to look at or unblock/allow, etc?

Thanks.

Archived