IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ruined my laptops. Cost me a fortune

Hatss

Hi,

I left iobit to install some drivers on my computer before I left with the auto shutdown feature enabled. When I came home, the computer had turned off, but it was completely bricked. It would come on, but would stay in the first stage of boot. The wireless LCD would stay red (It turns blue during startup) and the screen stayed back. I took it to a computer shop and they had no idea.The other computer shop in town told me that it was completely broken, so I took it home because it's out of warranty. It would not come on with the VGA cable attached and plugged into the T.V, or the HDMI cable.

I figured that iobit had broken my £800 laptop, but because I have been using game booster for about 2 years on my main computer, I gave it the benifit of the doubt and booted up my £25 computer, that I don't care about.

First, I began the driver installation and tried to stop it, I couldn't. It would stay at 1%, then when I closed it and re-opened it would resume at 1% for about an hour. I restarted it, and the computer was still fine. I then left the installer to download and install the drivers, and the computer restarted. On the logon screen, it blue screene and restarted. It was like this in every safe mode setting, and I had to completely re-install the OS to get it working again.

The expensive laptop had Windows XP, 8GB RAM, a NVADIA graphics card and I've forgotten the CPU. I've had the laptop for 2 years now, with no problems at all, I was only installing Windows XP for a change from Windows 8. All the drivers had to be re-installed. This is the one that was bricked, and has now being thrown away. This is annoying, because it's all I have, my most expensive possession and I owe rent etc.

The laptop that survived is my £25 one, running Windows 7, and has the specs given on my profile.

Take the battery out and unplug the power from the laptop, hold the on button down for about 1 min. Then reconnect the battery and power.

If that does not work take the battery out and unplug the power from the laptop and leave it overnight or a few days then retry.

Archived