IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 10 crash after update

Lixon

I tried out the new Driver Booster, althought i knew it is risky as it's just in beta, and the fact that while the previous version didn't find any new driver this beat found 4! One was suspicious too as the program put a yellow ! mark next to it but as it didn't tell what does it mean i went forward and updated everything. It went smooth no error, it not even told me to restart the laptop to updates goes live, but from the name of them i knew it is better to restart. So i did, restarted but from that the windows never stood up, always ended with a critical error and said the system can't start so choose one of the menu for troubleshooting. Restarted several times, nothing still not working. Later gladly there was a restore point made by Driver booster 2 a week ago so i could us it to get back my laptop.

Think the suspicious driver was intel manager or management driver and there was some for the touchpad too.

I just write this for feedback that the new version of driver booster may show up updates what are not good for the system's health and may end with a big crash like blue-death.

Hi Lixon,

Could you please help us look into this issue with the following steps?

1. Run Driver Booster again and scan. This time please do not update the drivers in case that the same problem happens again.

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

Looking forward to your reply.

Archived