IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

DB3 and Win10: may I ask for some clarifications?

marcobost

Is Driver Booster still useful on Win10 OS? My question could seem rude, but the reason is that I haven't yet understood how Win10 update system works. One feature very discussed was and is what Win10 really does at this time: is Win10 that takes care for updating video driver, as well as printer, sound, device drivers or not?

And in case, does or does not Driver Booster interfere with Win10?

Other question is a real situation I incurred: I've got the GTX580 and driver version 353.82. DB3 shows it obsolete and offers to install the version 355.82 dated Aug. 25th, BUT the NVIDIA shows 355.98 (WHQL) dated Sept. 22nd as latest available driver. It let me confused...

Thank you.

Hi marcobost,

Yes, Driver Booster 3 is useful and fully compatible with Windows 10. If there is any interference by Windows 10 update, try both and see which one is better for you.

I would recommend to use the driver from NVIDIA, as it is being quite recent, Driver Booster3 database may not include it yet.

Cheers.

Thank you Cicely. Unfortunately I update the NVIDIA manually as I wrote in the other post (Smart Defrag session). Anyway I just ran DB3 and it confirms that everything is OK. Thank you.

My pleasure :) Contact us anytime with any feedback again. Nice day.

Archived