IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What do you expect from the future version of Driver Booster?

Cicely

Hi guys,

Each suggestion of yours will be valued. In the future versions, what features do you expect to add? What to improve? And what you think are useless to remove?

Tell us whatever you want us to know. You will be the first one to peak the Beta versions and enjoy the new PRO privileges.

• Like 1

Hi Cicely :D,

Idea for Driver booster:

I would like to see:

+ app manager - it scans our computer for sofwares outdated. For example this program: http://www.filehippo.com/download_app_manager/ is in beta version.

Advance systemcare has a rudimental sofware updater, you could create one in driver booster for more programs and elimenate that one that exists in Advance systemcare.

Other ideas for other programs:

+ Why not include all your products in Advance systemcare ultimate 9, your products can continue be paid but the customers can ativate (turn on/ turn off) and buy which ones we want to integrate with Advance system care.

We, customers, just need one interface that includes all your products when we purchase an ultimate product

+ It was very cool to see time machine (apple program that recovers your files) but for windows but that's an idea for new program...and it's probably impossible.

Hi Cicely :D,

Idea for Driver booster:

I would like to see:

+ app manager - it scans our computer for sofwares outdated. For example this program: http://www.filehippo.com/download_app_manager/ is in beta version.

Advance systemcare has a rudimental sofware updater, you could create one in driver booster for more programs and elimenate that one that exists in Advance systemcare.

Other ideas for other programs:

+ Why not include all your products in Advance systemcare ultimate 9, your products can continue be paid but the customers can ativate (turn on/ turn off) and buy which ones we want to integrate with Advance system care.

We, customers, just need one interface that includes all your products when we purchase an ultimate product

+ It was very cool to see time machine (apple program that recovers your files) but for windows but that's an idea for new program...and it's probably impossible.

Thank you HMestre. Brilliant thoughts.

I've jogged down your ideas and our product team is discussing them. I'll forward their result to you later :)

Need faster way to see old driver version vs new driver version and the full name of the driver file.(Se next item for more details)

Also need better driver testing under installation, had to reinstall my home computer 3 times after installing (different) version of "matched" drivers(Thinks it some of the Intel ME/Intel RST drivers that do it)(Even accepted that system restore should be enabled for backup, but that didn't happend).

It's not always a good thing to install the latest driver and sometime one driver is better than another. So the ability to install a different driver and a forum for the different drivers so that the users actually can discuss the drivers in detail... Like maybe someone with my chipset/motherboard could say that "I did update and had to do a system restore". :) Or atleast a grading system for drivers.

Further more it's okay that the pro version automatically store the driver on your computer, but let the program ask for where you want to store them. Some people got a small SSD OS drive or just want to keep it clean.

An advanced view whould also be appreciated. As mentioned above that with driver version number and a comment on the driver about what package it was extracted from. So one easy screen and one for people actually care to read about what they are installing on the computer.

Also a sorting of drivers as in what package they where extracted from(Intel Chipset, Intel ME(Manange engine, Intel RST(Rapid Storage technology etc)

When I had DB V3 and used it, it damaged my computer, a Toshiba Satellite, I forget the model, but ended up buying a new one. I would like the team to make sure that the new version DB V4 is tested very throroughly before release. I would also like to see it as a larger picture on my screen, it was so small, I couldn't read half the things. And I agree with CAINe, we should have a choice whether to install the new driver because the old one might be better or the new one might not work with my current computer. I think that is what happened with my old computer and DB V3.

Offer 'vendor specific' options to drivers. Given the myriad different implementations using the same chipset, there are times where a manufacturer has certain requirements that only their drivers can properly get the hardware working. Perhaps implement this with a system probe (especially useful for laptops) and/or a 'identify my hardware/system' feature.

• Like 1

Offer 'vendor specific' options to drivers. Given the myriad different implementations using the same chipset, there are times where a manufacturer has certain requirements that only their drivers can properly get the hardware working. Perhaps implement this with a system probe (especially useful for laptops) and/or a 'identify my hardware/system' feature.

Thank you rTiGd2. Your suggestion has been jotted down.

When I had DB V3 and used it, it damaged my computer, a Toshiba Satellite, I forget the model, but ended up buying a new one. I would like the team to make sure that the new version DB V4 is tested very throroughly before release. I would also like to see it as a larger picture on my screen, it was so small, I couldn't read half the things. And I agree with CAINe, we should have a choice whether to install the new driver because the old one might be better or the new one might not work with my current computer. I think that is what happened with my old computer and DB V3.

Hi lawalker59,

Actually even manually installing drivers from the manufacture cannot guarantee error free. But we will test more time to make it more stable and secure.

And from V3.1, we have better support for high resolution screens including 2K, 3K, and 4K. So what's your screen model?

BTW, it's up to you to update a driver or not. If you don't want to update it, right click it and select Ignore.

Need faster way to see old driver version vs new driver version and the full name of the driver file.(Se next item for more details)

Also need better driver testing under installation, had to reinstall my home computer 3 times after installing (different) version of "matched" drivers(Thinks it some of the Intel ME/Intel RST drivers that do it)(Even accepted that system restore should be enabled for backup, but that didn't happend).

It's not always a good thing to install the latest driver and sometime one driver is better than another. So the ability to install a different driver and a forum for the different drivers so that the users actually can discuss the drivers in detail... Like maybe someone with my chipset/motherboard could say that "I did update and had to do a system restore". :) Or atleast a grading system for drivers.

Further more it's okay that the pro version automatically store the driver on your computer, but let the program ask for where you want to store them. Some people got a small SSD OS drive or just want to keep it clean.

An advanced view whould also be appreciated. As mentioned above that with driver version number and a comment on the driver about what package it was extracted from. So one easy screen and one for people actually care to read about what they are installing on the computer.

Also a sorting of drivers as in what package they where extracted from(Intel Chipset, Intel ME(Manange engine, Intel RST(Rapid Storage technology etc)

Thank you CAINe for all your suggestions. I've forwarded them to the product team:)

How about a driver clean-up.. Where drivers of old peripherals and such are shown and you can remove them. After a while these can really stack up. I've had OS installs where I've had a whole load of different phones/usb controllers/graphics cards etc, all of which I no longer use or even own. Currently I just re-install my OS from a base image but this could help those who don't.

Also, there are some driver packages that are quite large and come from slow sites. How about a 'local share cache' for machines on the same LAN where if one machine has already downloaded the package, others in the LAN can grab that package from them locally, rather than having to download it again remotely. I've personally got 4 PCs and 5 laptops here and that would help a huge amount.

How about a driver clean-up.. Where drivers of old peripherals and such are shown and you can remove them. After a while these can really stack up. I've had OS installs where I've had a whole load of different phones/usb controllers/graphics cards etc, all of which I no longer use or even own. Currently I just re-install my OS from a base image but this could help those who don't.

Hi rTiGd2, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Driver Booster 3.2 has the function to clear the unused (unplugged) drivers.

You can download the latest version from the link in Driver Booster 3.2(3.2.0.696) is released! [January 19, 2016] topic.

You can either go there by Feedback window or from the Toolkit shape on the GUI.

It is called "Clean Unplugged Devices"

Cheers.

• Like 1

Also, there are some driver packages that are quite large and come from slow sites. How about a 'local share cache' for machines on the same LAN where if one machine has already downloaded the package, others in the LAN can grab that package from them locally, rather than having to download it again remotely. I've personally got 4 PCs and 5 laptops here and that would help a huge amount.

Got it :) I''ll forward your idea to the product team.

Hi rTiGd2, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Driver Booster 3.2 has the function to clear the unused (unplugged) drivers.

You can download the latest version from the link in Driver Booster 3.2(3.2.0.696) is released! [January 19, 2016] topic.

You can either go there by Feedback window or from the Toolkit shape on the GUI.

It is called "Clean Unplugged Devices"

Cheers.

You are awesome, it is clear that since subscribing to this software that I've only relied upon it to update drivers and not actually taken a look to see what else it does. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I got to say, all the suggestions, I have seen on here have been awesome, and some are really advanced, and some are some of the same views I see. I have relied on Driver booster to get my latest updates, for drivers, and find the ones, I am not sure what they are, or even where to get some of them. Especially if it is an unfamiliar machine I am working on for a friend or customer. I think a portable version would be very handy that you could use on a thumb drive or other peripheral for downloading drivers on someone's machine for updates, who would not understand what it is, or if you even dont want them to update anything cause they may not be computer savey. Would eliminate having to uninstall it or disable it in msconfig. Thank you for all of your great products, and I look forward to participating in the next beta, as I have a windows 10 machine in the fast lane for beta testing, and would love to test your products on it. I also use your products on my other machines, and have pro versions on my main work machine to keep it up and running with no issues. Thanks!

I got to say, all the suggestions, I have seen on here have been awesome, and some are really advanced, and some are some of the same views I see. I have relied on Driver booster to get my latest updates, for drivers, and find the ones, I am not sure what they are, or even where to get some of them. Especially if it is an unfamiliar machine I am working on for a friend or customer. I think a portable version would be very handy that you could use on a thumb drive or other peripheral for downloading drivers on someone's machine for updates, who would not understand what it is, or if you even dont want them to update anything cause they may not be computer savey. Would eliminate having to uninstall it or disable it in msconfig. Thank you for all of your great products, and I look forward to participating in the next beta, as I have a windows 10 machine in the fast lane for beta testing, and would love to test your products on it. I also use your products on my other machines, and have pro versions on my main work machine to keep it up and running with no issues. Thanks!

Thank you [uSER=82775]jbenshoff[/uSER] :) We will consider the portable version as a new feature in the future :)

Iobit Driver Booster 4 should have a function to limit your max download speed. If i want to update a lot of drivers while surfing on internet i can't, because Driver Booster uses my max download speed, that it's not necessary a bad thing but in my case, internet become very slow while downloading at max speed.

I really appreciate your products, keep up the good work team!

My suggestions:

The Driver Booster database still needs expanding. What would help a lot would be that for any device with a missing driver which Driver Booster has no driver for, Driver Booster would upload the device details to its servers, so that IObit can see what devices are not supported, and then hopefully add these drivers to its database. Perhaps, it could show devices for which there is no driver in the scan results, in a seperate section for pending driver updates.

The Fix Device Error option is currently very limited, and often devices with errors are not detected by it., and it will say no Error codes detected. It would be good if more problems can be fixed by it.

Have the option to install diffferent veriosns of a driver. When installing drivers for a USB wifi adapter on a Vista computer, with Driver Booster, it caused a BSOD. The same happened when using Driver Talent (Drive The Life), but I was able to install a compatible driver by selecting a different version of the driver in Driver Talent, and this driver installed with any problems.

• Like 1

Iobit Driver Booster 4 should have a function to limit your max download speed. If i want to update a lot of drivers while surfing on internet i can't, because Driver Booster uses my max download speed, that it's not necessary a bad thing but in my case, internet become very slow while downloading at max speed.

I really appreciate your products, keep up the good work team!

Good suggestion :) I've forwarded it to the product team.