IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My computer has no sound after updating the drivers with Driver Booster Free

Haunter

I just tested the free version of Driver Booster half an hour ago and after it updated the drivers and rebooted, my PC doesn't have sound anymore and it tells me that the speakers are not plugged in, although they obviously are (I pugged them in several times). In the sidebar, it just shows this:

Untitled.jpg

I used the revert back feature in Driver Booster, rebooted, but it didn't help.

I need assistance. Your program messed up my PC.

I am running Windows 8.1 on a custom-built machine that came with every driver installed, so I have no clue where to find the right drivers.

This issue has been dealt with many times already. Please read the relevant posts/topics in the driver booster section of the Forum.

I would also recommend that in future before you "Test" software that can make changes to your pc, that you first look at the forums for such software, so that you will be aware of the do's and dont's.

If the issue has been dealt with many times before, there should be a sticky thread about it. I did several searches on your forums and couldn't find anything. Please link me a thread that contains a solution to this problem.

And no, I should not be the one who has to look up in obscure corners of the internet to see if a software that is being promoted on several IT websites with high reputation works or not. You should be the ones who make functional software.

How do I fix this issue? I reverted to the previous drivers, uninstalled Iobit Driver Booster, upgraded to Windows 10, downgraded back to Windows 8.1. Nothing works. The old drivers don't seem to work anymore.

I. Need. Help.

If the issue has been dealt with many times before, there should be a sticky thread about it. I did several searches on your forums and couldn't find anything. Please link me a thread that contains a solution to this problem.

You must not have looked very hard...HERE is a link to one topic which even has the same title.

And no, I should not be the one who has to look up in obscure corners of the internet to see if a software that is being promoted on several IT websites with high reputation works or not. You should be the ones who make functional software.

I have no idea why you think you have to look in obscure corners of the internet. If you want to try a particular product such as Iobit Driver Booster, then you go to the Iobit Forum and the Driver Booster sections and see what experiences other users have had.

It is your PC and so the onus is on you to be careful of what you put on it. No software is 100% perfect, so the more research you do the safer you will be.

If IT websites with high reputations are recommending a product and the product causes you issues, then logic says that you cannot believe everyting those sites say.

How do I fix this issue? I reverted to the previous drivers, uninstalled Iobit Driver Booster, upgraded to Windows 10, downgraded back to Windows 8.1. Nothing works. The old drivers don't seem to work anymore.

I. Need. Help.

I was going to suggest that you do a system restore to a time before you updated your drivers, but since you have gone from 8 to 10 and back to 8, I doubt if the system restore will help. however it is worth a shot. I suggest you try it in safe mode.

I don't have system restore turned on, so I have no previous restore points.

That topic says:

I clicked that link and it takes me to a 404 Not found page. The other option mentioned in that thread is to go the Audio Card Manufacturer's website (meaning http://www.realtek.com.tw ) and download the latest drivers, which I already did. It didn't work.

Are you people creating helpful software of malware? Explain to me why the "revert" feature in Driver Booster did not fix the issue.

I am trying to assist you, but you insist on making disparaging remarks. We are volunteers here at the forum and we do not work for Iobit. We are a community who try to asist users of the products.

I have no idea why the revert did not work, and since you removed DB we cannot find out.

Windows also has a Driver Rollback feature which you could have used when the DB revert failed. You could still try the windows driver rollback.

I hope you have now at least learned a valuable lesson and have turned on System Restore. It is one of the most valuable functions on your PC.

You downloaded the latest Realtek driver which appears to be incompatible with your system. The suggestion to go to the realtek site means that you look for the audio driver which is compatible with your system, based on your audio card version/motherboard/OS.....this is not easy and may require trial and error. You could start by going to the driver version prior to the latest and see if that works. If not go back one more version and so on...

Try this: control panel>device manager>sound/video game controllers, uninstall sound driver (hopefully it will be shown) reboot the computer, at this point Windows should reinstall the driver and you will be back in business. Side Note: Unless you are extremely careful, driver updating software is nothing short of snake oil, with the exception video card drivers, which need updating to stay current with game releases. In all other cases (from my experience) if it's not broken, leave it the hell alone. All drivers, do not need to be updated all the time.

Hi Haunter,

1. Please try the tool Fix No Sound Error in the toolkit of Driver Booster.

2.Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

We will check it asap. Thanks a lot.

• 1 year later...

How dare you try to put the blame on him for your shitty software fucking up his computer, i bought your shit fucking software and used it on my pc. I have now spent the last 3 hours trying to fix the huge mess its made of my computer. You make shit fucking software that ruins ppls computers and then when we come to you for help. all of a sudden its our fault for trusting your cock sucking software to begin with? no, fuck you!

While the correct action would be to delete your post and ban you for abusing the forum. I am going to allow your post to remain for now

as it serves to remind users of the dangers associated with updating drivers, and the need to investigate software before using it.

It is unfortunate that you did not come to the forum before you updated your driver(s). You may have saved yourself a lot of grief. I trust that you will be wiser

in the future when using software which makes changes to your system.

Archived