IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

BSOD asmthxci.sys on Asus P9X79 Deluxe

kevincgross

New user of DriverBooster v3, which has been a blessing. However, after getting all drivers updated with its help, I started getting a BSOD at login, pointing to the driver asmthxci.sys. This is on a Windows 7 64-bit system built with an Asus P9X79 Deluxe mobo, updated to the latest stable BIOS 4701.

I found that DriverBooster had installed Asus' USB 3.0 Driver v1.16.26.1. The Asus web site lists version v1.16.10.0 for this motherboard. By uninstalling v1.16.26.1, then installing v1.16.10.0 the problem appears to be fully resolved.

I'm curious for any insights as to how DriverBooster gets a newer version of the driver from Asus that appears to be incompatible with this motherboard. No criticism intended, I know it must be a huge challenge to track all the versions and compatibility.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Please re-run Driver Booster, right click the device ASMedia XHCI Controller (there are three) after scanning and choose Ignore. We will keep an eye on this driver update. If more users report the same problem, we will remove it from our database.

Email us with any feedback again. Good day :)

Archived