IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Risky Adobe Flash default

eitanc

Hello,

I use Driver Booster Pro version 3.3.1.749.

I have recently uninstalled Adobe Flash completely, due to the various risks and vulnerabilities associated with it.

When I ran Driver Booster today - it stated that my Flash version is "Old", although it is not even installed and the install check box was checked at Driver Booster.

This is, in my view, a risky default that can re-enter the Flash possible hazard, although it is not even installed on the system.

You should, in my view:

1. Not mark something as "old" or similar - if it is not even installed on the system

2. You can possibly note the user that it is a popular games / multimedia component that is not currently installed and offer the user to install it (preferred with a security warning)

3. Hence, the check box should be disabled by default for this component

See attached screen shots.

Thank you,

Eitan

Hello eitanc,

Thanks very much for notifying this situation. Currently, we will mark missing drivers as missing. But we failed to apply this policy for missing components. I have forwarded your suggestion to the product team now. Hope they will improve this in next version by also marking missing components as missing rather than old or very old, etc.

Thank you again.

Archived