IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Wrongly detected and installed AMD Radion R7 duel graphics

Micr0ft

Hi,

Just making you aware that Driver Booster v3 informed me of a new driver update (after I had just updated the latest from the AMD website) I allowed the download suggested by Driver Booster and that was it. It messed up my computer as it downloaded the wrong display drivers, everything was OK until then. Your application stated there was a device error and to click fix, so I did and that made things worse as 2 of my displays (I have 3) were no longer detected. I tried to roll back but for some reason your application changed permissions on the install folder and only TrustedInstaller could remove them. I couldn't uninstall from Programs and features because I didn't have permission and System Restore failed, so I had to restore from an image I created in May as there was nothing I could do to get my displays working. All in all, I lost a whole day through trying to restore my displays and for me, time is money.

I no longer trust Driver Booster to give me accurate drivers.

After I restored my image, I had to update Windows and my Graphics/Display drivers again, I used the ones from the AMD website (the same that I updated before I used Driver Booster) and everything is fine once again. I am and was using the latest drivers for mt cards. You application said I was not and offered a weird version number (not even the new beta, which I would never install, but I initially thought was a new update) but it was simply the wrong driver.

I tried Driver Booster 4 to see if that was any different, but it gave the same weird driver number which doesn't correspond with the AMD website for my cards.

Your software only wanted to download the display drivers and not the whole package which my PC needs as I'm running an AMD Chipset Motherboard.

Screenshots attached.

Both my cards:

1st Card:

Radeon Software Version - 16.3.2

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R7 Graphics + R7 200 Dual Graphics

Memory Size - 2048 MB

Memory Type - DDR3

Core Clock - 780 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G

Second Card:

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R7 Graphics

Device ID - 130F

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - 36A0

SubSystem Vendor ID - 17AA

Revision ID - 00

Bus Type - PCI

Current Bus Settings - PCI

BIOS Version - 015.041.000.002

BIOS Part Number - 113-SPEC-102

BIOS Date - 2014/02/03 12:14

Memory Size - 1024 MB

Memory Type - DDR3

Memory Clock - 800 MHz

Core Clock - 720 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - 25 GByte/s

Latest Drivers from AMD (Not Beta)

Radeon Settings Version - 2016.0321.1015.16463

Driver Packaging Version - 16.15.2211-160321a-301173C

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1546

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.1183

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13431

OpenCL™ Version - 2.0.6.0

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.109

AMD Mantle API Version - 98309

AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.0.2

@Micr0ft AMD released an update later the same day you posted your issue. Just fyi. Also, you should not expect Driver Booster to provide you with a package rather than the standalone driver. The program title itself indicated that it's a Driver Booster.

And with regards to issues, have either of you attempted to contact support rather than only posting in forums? I do not mean to sound condescending. It's a legitimate question as you would receive a quicker response contacting Support. The forums are not monitored 24/7. Which version or build number of Windows 10 are you running? Are you part of the Insiders Program? If so, are you in the Fast or Slow Ring?

I ask the build info because AMD Crimson is notorious for issues considering it is still in beta or rather just going RTM as of 7-28.

How do you have your multiple displays set up? I believe I saw you say 3 displays but 2 cards. Are you logged in under an Administrator account? If not, there's another issue there as Crimson 16.7.3 requires you to install as Admin.

By no means am I discounting your issues. I'm just asking questions to try to help determine where the failure is here. Part of it immediately is your expecting a package rather than only a driver from a Driver pointed solution.

I guess no response from IOBIT shows that they don't actually seem to care.

Hi Micr0ft,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Could you please help us look into this issue with the following steps?

1. Run Driver Booster again and scan. This time please do not update the drivers in case that the same problem happens again.

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe  >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC>> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file. 

We will analyze the file and look into the problem asap.

Thanks for your patience. Looking forward to your reply.

I had issues with the programs screwing up my windows registries and messing up Windows Defender, and didn't get a response either. They really don't seem to care unless it's praising their products.

Hi AgentParadox,

We are truly sorry if we were unable to take care of your issues in time.

You can send your feedback directly to the email address dbfeedback@iobit.com or send your feedback from http://www.iobit.com/en/onlinefeedback.php, in this way, we will reply you normally within 24 hours, 48 hours at most.

Anyway, we will try our best to check forums more frequently.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

@Micr0ft AMD released an update later the same day you posted your issue. Just fyi. Also, you should not expect Driver Booster to provide you with a package rather than the standalone driver. The program title itself indicated that it's a Driver Booster.

And with regards to issues, have either of you attempted to contact support rather than only posting in forums? I do not mean to sound condescending. It's a legitimate question as you would receive a quicker response contacting Support. The forums are not monitored 24/7. Which version or build number of Windows 10 are you running? Are you part of the Insiders Program? If so, are you in the Fast or Slow Ring?

I ask the build info because AMD Crimson is notorious for issues considering it is still in beta or rather just going RTM as of 7-28.

How do you have your multiple displays set up? I believe I saw you say 3 displays but 2 cards. Are you logged in under an Administrator account? If not, there's another issue there as Crimson 16.7.3 requires you to install as Admin.

By no means am I discounting your issues. I'm just asking questions to try to help determine where the failure is here. Part of it immediately is your expecting a package rather than only a driver from a Driver pointed solution.

Hi Njazrael71, thanks for your kind help in replying the questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived