IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GAH! Don't erase THAT!

James Allen

After installing Advanced System Care and then the Driver Updater 4 on my wife's Lenovo Ideapad 100s, neither the keyboard nor the touchpad are working. The only way to use it is with a USB mouse and onscreen keyboard. I think the driver may have been deleted/replaced. Can anyone tell me how to go about recovering the driver so that I can restore it and restore functionality to her machine?

After installing Advanced System Care and then the Driver Updater 4 on my wife's Lenovo Ideapad 100s, neither the keyboard nor the touchpad are working. The only way to use it is with a USB mouse and onscreen keyboard. I think the driver may have been deleted/replaced. Can anyone tell me how to go about recovering the driver so that I can restore it and restore functionality to her machine?

Hi James Allen,

Welcome to join us in the forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly please help us look into this issue with the following steps:

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file. We will analyze the file and look into your feedback.

Thanks.

Hi James Allen

Welcome to the Forum.

As you can see from the previous post, Iobit are more interested in collecting data than assisting users. Ths was not always the case. In the past Iobit did all possible to assist users with solutions before requesting diagnostic data. Sadly.....this no longer appears to be the case.

In order to try to rectify your issue.....please try the following.

1) Use the built in feature in Driver Booster to revert to the original drivers.

If this does not work try....

2) Go to Rescue Centre in Advanced Systemcare and use the Restore function to restore your system to a time before the issue occurred.

Nevermind. Got it. Thank you for your help. Now if I re-run Advanced Systemcare, should I expect the same issue to repeat itself or should I avoid it and wait for an update to the program? How should I proceed from here? I use it on my desktop all of the time and have never had an issue. This only happened on my wife's laptop and I was looking for a way to speed it up for her.

Hi Scannan and James Allen,

@Scannan, thank you for helping us to answer the questions. For problems about Driver Booster, we need to collect the information to locate the problem so that we can look into it further, so we always kindly request user to send us the report file.

@James, you may send us the report file here or send it with brief introduction of the problem to our email dbfeedback@iobit.com.

Archived