Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver Booster v6.2.1 Malware Infected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Driver Booster v6.2.1 Malware Infected

    Hi guys,

    Last night my NOD32 popped up a few warning messages saying that Driver Booster content a few of those:

    Threat: a variant of Win32/IObit.Q potentially unwanted application

    Threat: a variant of Win32/IObit.U potentially unwanted application

    Threat: a variant of Win32/IObit.V potentially unwanted application


    Also detected that installation files of Driver Booster is also malware infected.

    Any suggestions how to proceed with that? I've compeletely wiped out Driver Booster from my PC and waiting for further notice from the support. Anyone else got those popping up?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Dimitar Rangelov View Post
    Hi guys,

    Last night my NOD32 popped up a few warning messages saying that Driver Booster content a few of those:

    Threat: a variant of Win32/IObit.Q potentially unwanted application

    Threat: a variant of Win32/IObit.U potentially unwanted application

    Threat: a variant of Win32/IObit.V potentially unwanted application


    Also detected that installation files of Driver Booster is also malware infected.

    Any suggestions how to proceed with that? I've compeletely wiped out Driver Booster from my PC and waiting for further notice from the support. Anyone else got those popping up?
    Hi Dimitar,

    Welcome to IObit Forum.

    You may know that Driver Booster is a clean program. Now our program files are detected as PUA (potentially unwanted application) by NOD32, However, PUA is a very controversial topic since it also makes legit programs as PUA. Please read the related articles about PUP (potentially unwanted program) below including Enigma Software's legal letter for its complaint against Malwarebytes and you'll understand our situation.

    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/malwar...wanted-program

    https://www.enigmasoftware.com/legal...-complaint.pdf

    We contacted NOD32 to resolve this issue, but we haven't get their reply about this issue yet. So it would be better if you can also help us by asking NOD32 to remove this detection.

    In order to continue using our programs, please add Driver Booster to the white list of NOD32.

    Thanks for your support to IObit.





    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Cicely,

      Thank you for the timely response. I've already sent a request to ESET/NOD32 to respond to that notifications and suggest some actions in that matter. No feedback so far unfortunately. Using Driver Booster for the past 3 or so years and never had any issues or problems related to malware up until now. As i said, the warnings started to pop-up last night, basically coming from nowhere, just after a simple restart of my desktop PC the warning window notified me that i have infected files which relates to one or more installed files in Driver Booster folder. After, wiped out everything and assured that there are no leftovers, i downloaded a fresh new copy of the installation file from the official iObit website. When the installation file landed on my drive, again NOD32 warned and automatically suggested me to fix/delete the contaminated files.

      Hopefully this will be resolved as soon as possible, just because its really annoying, especially when you pay for the professional version of Driver Booster and you can't get the full potential out of it.

      Once again thanks for the quick response.

      If there are other people having the same issues with different antivirus software programs, please share the information here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dimitar Rangelov View Post
        Hi Cicely,

        Thank you for the timely response. I've already sent a request to ESET/NOD32 to respond to that notifications and suggest some actions in that matter. No feedback so far unfortunately. Using Driver Booster for the past 3 or so years and never had any issues or problems related to malware up until now. As i said, the warnings started to pop-up last night, basically coming from nowhere, just after a simple restart of my desktop PC the warning window notified me that i have infected files which relates to one or more installed files in Driver Booster folder. After, wiped out everything and assured that there are no leftovers, i downloaded a fresh new copy of the installation file from the official iObit website. When the installation file landed on my drive, again NOD32 warned and automatically suggested me to fix/delete the contaminated files.

        Hopefully this will be resolved as soon as possible, just because its really annoying, especially when you pay for the professional version of Driver Booster and you can't get the full potential out of it.

        Once again thanks for the quick response.

        If there are other people having the same issues with different antivirus software programs, please share the information here.
        Hi Dimitar,
        Thanks for your effort and understanding on this issue as well.
        IObit Support Team --
        If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm getting something similar on Malwarebytes listing the latest release or Driver Booster as a PUP and blocking it. Running latest version Malwarebytes 3.7.1 on a Windows 10 Home OS. This has occurred on both my desktop and laptop.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Robert0117 View Post
            I'm getting something similar on Malwarebytes listing the latest release or Driver Booster as a PUP and blocking it. Running latest version Malwarebytes 3.7.1 on a Windows 10 Home OS. This has occurred on both my desktop and laptop.
            Hi Robert,
            Please download the*latest*Driver Booster 6.3 and install from
            http://update.iobit.com/dl/driver_booster_setup.exe to see if it still be detected as PUP as Malwarebytes.

            IObit Support Team --
            If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

            Comment


            • #7
              Tried the download and install. Install blocked by Malwarebytes as PUP

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cicely View Post

                Hi Robert,
                Please download the*latest*Driver Booster 6.3 and install from
                http://update.iobit.com/dl/driver_booster_setup.exe to see if it still be detected as PUP as Malwarebytes.
                Confirmed that the file shows as infected in NOD32, can't bypass that. The antivirus won't allow me anymore even to download the installation file - shows it as infected. By the way the original installation file downloaded from iobit.com has a weird naming driver_booster_setup_o.exe

                Comment


                • #9
                  Take the time to read thoroughly the article Cicely posted previouly. You will have to whitelist those programs within your A/V if you wish to install them. As stated in the article a large number of A/V and malware programs have started this practice. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/malwar...wanted-program

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X