IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

CareScanj.,exe Large CPU Usage after Reboot

bsfinkel

I really do not understand your question.

You state that you have Driver Booster installed and then you ask what is CareScan.exe doing.

CareScan.exe is Driver Booster. When first installed, it will scan your entire system, which will use CPU.

Also check your settings to see if you have it set to run automatically.

• 2 weeks later...
I have Driver Booster 6.4.0.392 installed. After a reboot I see that CareScan,exe uses 50% CPU for a long time. What is this executable doing after a reboot? Thanks.

Hi bsfinkel,

Our team confirms that CareScan.exe will not load after a reboot in the latest version of Driver Booster. For your case, would you please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe>> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com to look into.

When you send us the requested report file, please also let us know it is about the carescan.exe issue.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I started this thread April 29, 2019. That was with my Windows 7 Professional 32-bit system. I am now running Windows 10 Professional 2004 64-bit, and I have Driver Booster Free 7.6.0.766 installed. I had to reboot this morning at 10:37. I ran a backup of my C-disk at 11:51. When I got back to my computer at 13:05, the backup was still running. I checked CPU usage, and carescan.exe was using lots of CPU. My original question from last year still applies - What is carescan.exe doing when it is using lots of CPU 2.5 hours after the reboot? I did not see if carescan.exe was running immediately after the reboot. I cancelled carescan.exe so that the backup would complete sooner. I did not run Process Explorer to see where carescan.,exe was using its CPU. I could understand carescan.exe using lots of CPU for a short period of time after a reboot.

• 1 month later...

Here is an update. After a reboot, carescan.exe (library_ca.exe) was using lots of CPU, and it was slowing a disk backup. So I cancelled it. Before I cancelled, I used Sysinternals ProcessExplorer to try to find out where the executable was using the CPU. ProcessExplorer would not tell me, and I am not sure why. In the postings above, I attributed carescan.exe to Driver Booster. I see carescan,exe in Driver Booster and Smart Defrag. I see library_ca.exe as part of Uninstaller.

The Task Manager "Processes" tab showed the process as "carescan", while the "Details" tab showed library_ca.exe. I am not sure which executable was running. I really want to know of which IObit product this is a part, and I want to know why it is using lots of CPU after a reboot. How can I tell where this executable is using CPU, if ProcessExplorer will not tell me? Thanks.

I rebooted this afternoon at 14:47, and I took screenshots of library_ca:

library_ca1.jpg - Task Manager Details tab. library_ca using 32% CPU

library_ca2.jpg - Task Manager Processes tab. CareScan using 40.9% CPU

library_ca3.jpg - Process Explorer Perf Graph tab:

library_ca4.jpg - Process Explorer Image tab: "Access is denied."

Parent: UninstallMonitor.exe

library_ca5.jpg - Process Explorer Threads tab:

library_ca6.jpg - Process Explorer Strings tab: <Error opening file>>

When I checked at 21:02, the process was no longer running. I find it strange that Process Explorer cannot open the executable to find strings, and the Image tab will not tell me where it is using the CPU.

I was looking at the JPEG images I had uploaded, and I noticed that they point to

strayhepatitisbruise.com/...refer=https://forms.iobit.com/...

and when I go to that site, I get MULTIPLE warnings. Where are these six JPEG images stored? I clicked on one, and I got a message to update "flash" (not Adobe flash, which is at its end-of-life).

• 1 month later...

...turn off AUTO MONITOR. that will cut cpu down. yes, UI sucks cpu when building its DB but ceases after that. the INSTALL monitor, though, keeps on

going like the everyready bunny. anything more than3% cpu should not not be needed for UI to keep track of what's what.

and which version of TASK MANAGER do you have? Mine doesn't look like that....

just turn on auto monitor when you're about add a new toy, tool, or whatever.