IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Large files in ProgramData

Tbar

It would help if you gave us some detail of your issue. This is a voluntary Forum so we have no access to Iobit support info.

All you have told us is that you have large Backup and Download folders in ProgrmaData.

Everybody has large folders in program data.

What specifically are you worried about??

Sorry, I thought I was in the Driver Booster section, so wouldn’t need to state the obvious that, under Driver Booster in the Programdata folder, I was Gb size folders for Backup and Downloads. Do I need them?

I am quite sure it is obvious to you seeing as it is your pc. Sadly it is not obvious to us.

So I will give you the obvious answer.

If it is not causing you problems, leave it alone. Messing in Program Data is looking for trouble.

Remember that Driver Booster has a Driver Rollback feature so it will store backups in order to be able to Rollback the drivers if issues arise.

That it is not obvious that it is relates to Driver Booster ( I was of the impression I was in the Driver Booster section, but maybe not) is due to the organisation of this Forum. if I’m not in the Drivet Booster section, I apologise. However, I don’t really want to waste ove 9 Gb of space if it is not necessary. Is that unreasonable?

You are in the Driver Booster section, which is correct.

Are you short of disc space. If not, then it is not being wasted.

If you are short of disc space then I recommend looking in other less critical areas to recover space.

I am sorry that I cannot state categorically whether the folders are too big or not, as I do not know the history of your driver booster usage or your driver booster settings,

However, if your system is working well and you have no issues, then if you want to uninstall DB and reinstall it again I see no problem.

This would take you back to scratch and your DB folder should be much smaller.

It is being wasted if it is not necessary - that’s why I asked the question. I don’t know of any other small programme that uses up so much space. I can see the point in keeping maybe one backup till you see if it’s needed, then give you the option of getting rid of it ( at least TELL you it’s making these massive backups), but why have so much space taken up by downloads? I’ll do the uninstall and install, as suggested, but it’s ridiculous that you’re not made aware of such wastage of disk space ( not your fault, just the programmers)

Usign Driver Booster 6 Pro (but no reply from Support). I have large Backup and Download folders in ProgrmaData - do I need them?

Hi Tbar,

By saying that "(but no reply from Support)", would you please inform us how you contacted the Support, by email or some other method? If email, which email address you sent to? Our team will reply every feedback with problem or question.

Anyway, for your question, Backup folder will help you restore your system to the backed up driver version if the latest version does not work. And the Download folder will help you reinstall the driver much faster if reinstall is required.

For your case, we recommend you uncheck the options "Automatically delete installed driver packages" and "Automatically back up a driver before it is installed" in the settings of Driver Booster. If any problem happens after update, you may email us via dbfeedback@iobit.com. We will try our best to solve the problem.

Website/contact us/Online Support/Paid versions - after spending ages trying to find ANY way of getting support

If you don't mind, you can provide us your email address which you used to contact us via private message so that we can check in our system to see if we got your feedback.