IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Creating Incremental saves for Driver Booster (6.2)?

Rick_S22

When Driver Booster updates a driver, It asks me to turn on the Microsoft system save and recovery, so that I can restore. I've been using Driver Booster for several years now, and have only had problems with a few drivers, that needed recovery. The standard Microsoft save, backs up all changes by copying everyhing, not just the drivers changed anytime any change is found, which fills up my 6 TB backup drive, fairly quickly. I have a backup software that I use, Nova Backup, which incrementally saves my changes. Is there a way to save the driver files or system files incrementally? Thanks for your help.

When Driver Booster updates a driver, It asks me to turn on the Microsoft system save and recovery, so that I can restore. I've been using Driver Booster for several years now, and have only had problems with a few drivers, that needed recovery. The standard Microsoft save, backs up all changes by copying everyhing, not just the drivers changed anytime any change is found, which fills up my 6 TB backup drive, fairly quickly. I have a backup software that I use, Nova Backup, which incrementally saves my changes. Is there a way to save the driver files or system files incrementally? Thanks for your help.

Hi Rick,

Welcome to join us at this forum.

For the issue you reported, you may know that the main reason for using windows backup is to quickly restore to the state before the driver is updated. This is only a precaution. Usually, if your system works properly in a the next few days after the driver update is completed, this system restore point is useless.

In order to save space, you can set it as per the following picture(open the Windows restore point, you can set the size of the restore point.)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"1.jpg","data-attachmentid":227747}[/ATTACH]

And you can uncheck the option "Automatically create a system restore point before a driver is installed" in the settings of Driver Booster as well.