Reboot/Restart Not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboot/Restart Not working

Reboot/Restart Not working,after updating the drivers, restore the previous drivers and the problem continues, any ideas?

Try a system restore to a time before the drivers were updated.
    To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor2k View Post
      Reboot/Restart Not working,after updating the drivers, restore the previous drivers and the problem continues, any ideas?
      Hi Victor2k,
      If you still encounter this problem, please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file via email dbfeedback@iobit.com. We will analyze the file and look into the problem asap.
      Thanks.

IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by Cicely View Post

Hi Victor2k,
        If you still encounter this problem, please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file via email dbfeedback@iobit.com. We will analyze the file and look into the problem asap.
        Thanks.

Dear Valued Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is Ula from IObit Support Team.

I will forward it to our technician to look into. We will keep you updated.

(Our technicians are very busy now, but we do will try our best to reply you as soon as possible.)

Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Scannan View Post
          Try a system restore to a time before the drivers were updated.

I did it but it didn't work either, I also replaced the system, default, sam and software files with old files, but unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem, obviously the update program breaks some valuable registry entry

Comment

Can you give some more detail.
            When you say you cannot reboot/Restart it implies that the pc is dead. However you seem to be able to work on it.
            Are you able to Boot in Safe Mode?

Comment

There are two options to reboot a system, the first one from the sequence, shutdown-restart (it is the one that does not work) and the second one from the cpu, the solution that gave me the support is that it has NO solution, the file scanning system , restore to previous points etc etc all that does not work, above it links me, to a page for solutions for windows 10 when my system is 7

Comment

What do you mean when you say..."from the cpu"....do you mean using the power switch.

Comment

What do you mean when you say..."from the cpu"....do you mean using the power switch.
                  Yes only using the power switch

Comment

I think you may be having this issue because of a windows update.
                    Try ctrl/alt/del.... select restart and see if that fixes the issue.

Comment

I think you may be having this issue because of a windows update.
                      Try ctrl/alt/del.... select restart and see if that fixes the issue.
                      Thanks for the answer, but unfortunately the solution did not work, I accept other proposals, I can not understand how a software, introduces an error in the system and can not find a repair

Comment

I have never seen a situation where driver updates would cause this issue.
                        I can only think that maybe the BIOS was also updated which could cause boot issues if the new BIOS is unsuitable.
                        If this is the case then in may be worth firstly checking the BIOS settings or reverting to the previous working BIOS.

Comment

I found the problem, I am still looking for the solution, DriveBooster, updates the drivers, which does not consider that not always the most current driver, is the most appropriate to the system

Comment

I have never seen a situation where driver updates would cause this issue.
                            I can only think that maybe the BIOS was also updated which could cause boot issues if the new BIOS is unsuitable.
                            If this is the case then in may be worth firstly checking the BIOS settings or reverting to the previous working BIOS.
                            It is a fairly common situation, in this type of automatic updaters (and the bios is not updated with this type of software)

Comment

I don't understand. You are saying that DB caused the issue because it updated with an unsuitable driver. But you said in your original post that you reverted to the original drivers and that
                              did not solve the issue.
                              If it was an unsuitable driver that caused the issue then reverting to the old drives should have solved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X