IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestions for Game Booster 3 & Razer Game Booster

Hi all,

Recently many gamers are trying to come up with constructive suggestions for Game Booster 3, today we’re going to do a survey about Game Booster.

Which new feature would you like us add it to Game Booster? Please post your suggestions about GB in this thread.

Examples:

1, Screenshot & manager

2, More Game Tools, such as s2maCache Manager for StarCraft II, Deadly Boss Mods for WOW, etc.

3, Or any small tools which can enhance your gaming experience.

You valuable advices are most welcome.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi IObit team, here is my suggestion; I have been using GameBooster along with another application called TopWinPrio to boost even further my games, so i would like to see GB3 offering what this software do, in others words; a Top CPU priority feature than downgrade the background apps priority and upgrade the foreground one.

TopWinPrio SCREENSHOT

http://www.bloginformatico.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/TopWinPrio.jpg

Miss the program box

Hi,

One thing I REALY miss that was in GB2 is the game box. Where I can drag and drop a game icon, click on it and have GB optimize my system then run the game. Am I missing something? Will this be in the final release?

Joe

Good Idea

Hi IObit team, here is my suggestion; I have been using GameBooster along with another application called TopWinPrio to boost even further my games, so i would like to see GB3 offering what this software do, in others words; a Top CPU priority feature than downgrade the background apps priority and upgrade the foreground one.

What a great idea! How's it working for you?

Joe

What a great idea! How's it working for you?

Joe

Is working excellent mate, every little frame per second gain is a victory in the PC optimization universe, the thing is not to abuse of TopWinPrio otherwise it could generate errors, for example; I never set the configs to "Real Time" for the active windows or "Idle" for the inactives ones.

TopWinPrio

Is working excellent mate, every little frame per second gain is a victory in the PC optimization universe, the thing is not to abuse of TopWinPrio otherwise it could generate errors, for example; I never set the configs to "Real Time" for the active windows or "Idle" for the inactives ones.

I hear you. I used to run a batchfile with WOW to run it in realtime but it ran like CRAP cause WOW was getting ALL the cpu cycles and leaving none for the drivers or other Windows functions. Above normal is fine.

Joe

I've just finished testing out the new version of Game Booster. I used Crysis for this particular test. The map I played on is based around physics with a lot of detailed foliage. Lots of rope bridges, explosive barrels, and falling tanks. I immediately noticed that my FPS was higher in that level than when I played on a more plain map using Game Booster 2.3 Premium. It was to the point that I was able to increase my resolution and settings without my FPS dropping below 45.

However,

I'm disappointed to find that the gamebox is no longer a feature. :cry: That needs to be a part of v.3.

I would also point out that I updated my video card and sound card drivers via v.3. I was sent to download an outdated NVIDIA driver and had to go download the latest drivers manually. Not sure if that was a simple goof, or a problem with the program, but it's definitely something to check into.

Overall, I am happy with the new version. The new interface is a bit disorienting at first (at least, in my case). But it's very easy to learn and use to it's full capacity. Can't wait for the final version.

-71c

Why does Game Booster 3 need game box when Game booster automatically starts and stops with the game execution?

Convenience. I didn't have to clutter up my desktop, taskbar, or folders with game shorcuts.

Aren't the shortcuts just in Game Box?

Yes. But the Game Box is only open when Game Booster is running. Which allows me to group all of my shortcuts, but also keep them out of the way when I'm not gaming.

Are we negotiating about ONLY ONE GAME FOLDER ICON being on the desktop/taskbar or not? :razz:

Cheers.

Yes, it does seem like a small issue. But it's still something others have complained about (myself included). It was a great feature, as frivolous as you take it to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the Game Box make a comeback, too, but also with an added resize feature. As a gaming junkie, when seeing only 4 games at a time from my vast library of games it is a bit difficult to find the game I want to run. :P

2 Boost seperate Buttons

Hey,

id like to see a Button for ONLINE gaming with all the settings i can tic.

and a seperate button for OFFLINE gaming with all the settings.

This would add more .exe i can turn off thus boosting my game even better.

great work so far and thx for showing it in Giveawayoftheday website where i found it.

Cheers

Hey,

id like to see a Button for ONLINE gaming with all the settings i can tic.

and a seperate button for OFFLINE gaming with all the settings.

This would add more .exe i can turn off thus boosting my game even better.

great work so far and thx for showing it in Giveawayoftheday website where i found it.

Cheers

I suggested something similar previously.

I asked for the ability to save multiple configurations. 2 like you suggest but why limit it to 2?

I think this is a good idea.

defrag game progress bar

i suggest you to add a defrag progress bar like in the version before, and also a ram and cpu bar in the main page like in 2.0

the main page of 3.0 is quite empty and it is not nice to see in a game booster program. well i think that the estetic aspect of 2.0 is better than 3.0

also the window shape looks better in 2.0 than in 3.0

i hope this helps.

My opinion on GB3

i suggest you to add a defrag progress bar like in the version before, and also a ram and cpu bar in the main page like in 2.0

the main page of 3.0 is quite empty and it is not nice to see in a game booster program. well i think that the estetic aspect of 2.0 is better than 3.0

also the window shape looks better in 2.0 than in 3.0

i hope this helps.

Personally, I disagree with Korisame on each of the points that he raised; I find that the GB3 interface is pretty, modern and airy, unlike the one of GB2 that was too big, heavy and overloaded for nothing... In my opinion, you should keep it as it is (with some small improvements)! :wink: Then, CPU/RAM bars would be useless, but I admit that a little progress bar for defragmentation is a good idea. :idea:

However, I hope that the very good function "Launch game on virtual desktop" will be fixed and improved in the future releases: in my case, it slows down the performance of my game and brings odd graphic problems (image tearing, similar to a disturbance with the vertical sync when I move)... I look forward to use this function to its full potential in the future! ^^

Thank you for this excellent software, IOBit Team! :grin:

Ludor Florez

Virtual Desktop

I quite like using the virtual desktop feature of gamebooster, it makes switching between my game and my desktop programs much faster but i'm wondering if there's a way to disable the "Switch to desktop (F11) | Exit Desktop (F12)" thing at the top of the screen? It's kinda in the way x.x

I quite like using the virtual desktop feature of gamebooster, it makes switching between my game and my desktop programs much faster but i'm wondering if there's a way to disable the "Switch to desktop (F11) | Exit Desktop (F12)" thing at the top of the screen? It's kinda in the way x.x

I agree. There should be a check box in the settings for this. It is quite annoying with games that have non full screen pre-game interfaces (like League of Legend's Adobe Air implementation). Same thing with games that run in a "borderless maximized window" rather than fullscreened .

Would there be an option, or some sort of optimization for games that require you to go to a website to start it?

For example:

In the game Maplestory, it requires me to go to the website, log in and press a Start Game button on the website.

Also: I am not sure, but is there an option for your computer to automatically turn on gaming mode right before you start a game?

It makes me mad when I start a game, and I realize I forgot to start Gamebooster. I close the game (it's difficult me to start it cause of lag ) and go the Gamebooster turn it on, and go back to my game, wasting time.

Virtual Module and MMORPGs and ITPs and FTPs

I like the Game Boost program a lot. I use while playing MMORPGs on my laptop cuz my laptop just barely is able to handle the games without Game Boost. GB3 is awesome, but when I run one of the games from GB3 the game seems sluggish and jerky. But if I boost and then run the game I get the performance boost. So it would seem the graphically intense games have issues with the virtual mode of GB3.

Also, GB3 by default wanted me to disable the Intel Matrix drivers for the boost and some of the background internet file transfer protocols which would seriously cause issues with the games. The Intel Matrix is for acceleration of the video chip and without the file transfer protocol, the games would not be able to load and unload files from the .bin and .data and .temp files from the computer memory and harddrives. Well it will still be able to transfer the files, but it would be slow and there would be no guarantee of successful file transfer and therefore cause lag in the game.

But otherwise I am really enjoying using GB3.

:mrgreen::razz::lol:8-):wink::smile:

Add utilities like Cleanmem to patch memory leaks

Add simple utility like Cleanmem to patch memory leaks in games, this program is way better than other memory optimizers... it does not force windows to write all RAM data on Pagefile.... when your system starts getting low on memory Windows will start to move memory to the page file. The page file is ran off your hard drive. The hard drive is the bottle neck of performance on a system. So the slower the drive the slower the system goes as it tries to work with the page file. When you use Cleanmem you help keep the system from using up all its memory. In turn Windows doesn't push anything to the page file, and we avoid the huge slow down from page file usage....

My another suggestion is to allow user to right click on Game Icon and change priority to High, make sure it's not real time priority...

Thank you for such a great application.....:-)

New Idea: Allow users to select if they want to run game on DirectX9 or Directx10.... most of the games run best with Directx9 even on Windows 7 64bit....

< Email address removed > by wozofoz

You should not post your email address on any forums, it allows harvesting bots to grab it and then spam you.

We do not give email support on the forum because the purpose of the forum is to share information with all members.