IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GameBooster 3.4 uses LOTS of CPU

Any time i have the gamebooster window open, no matter what I'm doing with it, my CPU usage spikes up anywhere from 50% to 100% and stays there for several seconds. This is a brand new installation of windows XP Pro SP3, so this is not an issue with my computer, or Operating system.

About 5-10 seconds after the window is closed to the system tray, the CPU lag stops.

Hi jasoncollege24.

So what is the problem?

my CPU usage spikes up anywhere from 50% to 100% and stays there for several seconds
Please describe the issue completely other than describing the program loading.

Any time i have the gamebooster window open, no matter what I'm doing with it, my CPU usage spikes up anywhere from 50% to 100% and stays there for several seconds. This is a brand new installation of windows XP Pro SP3, so this is not an issue with my computer, or Operating system.

About 5-10 seconds after the window is closed to the system tray, the CPU lag stops.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 3 weeks later...

A program that i already loaded into memory shouldn't freeze, or severely lag the system when brought to the front, especially since the program is meant to boost system performance. It's not the program loading, as it doesn't stop after the program is loaded.

This also happens in Windows 7 ultimate 32-bits. it's as if the entire program is using a vast amount of CPU resources any time it's in use. This doesn't appear to happen just during loading. These symptoms don't stop until 5-10 seconds after the window is closed, no matter how long the window is open.

A program that i already loaded into memory shouldn't freeze, or severely lag the system when brought to the front, especially since the program is meant to boost system performance. It's not the program loading, as it doesn't stop after the program is loaded.

This also happens in Windows 7 ultimate 32-bits. it's as if the entire program is using a vast amount of CPU resources any time it's in use. This doesn't appear to happen just during loading. These symptoms don't stop until 5-10 seconds after the window is closed, no matter how long the window is open.

What you describe is not normal behavior of GB. Have you tried a clean install? The guidelines are here and here.

Sincerely.

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

EDIT by Mel: Please disregard this post jasoncollege24... I made it before I saw your post on the other thread.

Yes it was a clean install on XP Pro 32-bit as there had not been a previous version installed.

My apologies. I hadn't updated my profile when I reformatted my Desktop and put windows 7 back on it after a RAM increase. My profile is now up to date.

Since upgrading to windows 7 and reinstalling the software fresh again these symptoms have gone away. Now it just takes forever to load, and the program freezes and uses 100% CPU until all components of the program are visible. (Including the temperature bar at the bottom, which takes the longest on every page of the program.)

Yes it was a clean install on XP Pro 32-bit as there had not been a previous version installed.

My apologies. I hadn't updated my profile when I reformatted my Desktop and put windows 7 back on it after a RAM increase. My profile is now up to date.

Since upgrading to windows 7 and reinstalling the software fresh again these symptoms have gone away. Now it just takes forever to load, and the program freezes and uses 100% CPU until all components of the program are visible. (Including the temperature bar at the bottom, which takes the longest on every page of the program.)

Hi Jay,

If you are launching GB on a system that has "settled down" after start-up and are not running any applications that demand many system resources, then I would expect GB to utilize as many resources as possible to load as quick as possible. (The "freeze" you speak of is discussed on some other threads as well).

If you are launching GB on a system that has other demands on it and GB "hogs" the resources causing the other app or apps to stall... then that is a different issue.

Please note that Razer is now a partner with Iobit in continuing the development of Gamebooster... you will find a few threads here concerning that.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived