IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What does one do if their computer restarts whilst Game Booster was running?

What does one do if their computer restarts whilst Game Booster was running? I turned the computer back on and my automatic updates were turned off due to Game Booster. So, I figured none of the other things were restored. I opened Game Booster but it doesn't give me the option to stop it. Instead, it says "Start Game Booster" again. I started Game Booster then stopped it hoping it would restore everything but automatic updates was still disabled. So, I manually enabled automatic updates. How can I make sure that everything else is restored?

Most probably with your OS (if you had a forced shutdown) if thats what you mean... then you will have to use a system restore point. Use your built in Windows system restore function to go back to a moment in time just before you had the forced shutdown.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I have had similar issues with GB3 (3.5 bata) not turning back on auto updates. Even after normal reverting GB3 before shutdown.

I just stopped checking it. I never turn it off.

You don't have to revert to turn it back on.

Look in System and Control Panel/Security/Windows Update/change settings/ reactivate here.

Then, just uncheck it when running GB3.

Yeah, I've already re-enabled automatic updates. I haven't thought about unchecking it in Gamebooster. I think I'll do that considering Windows update only checks for updates at a certain time anyway (and that's usually when I'm not on).

What I'm more worried about is whether or not everything else that was disabled is re-enabled. I suppose system restore could work.

This is my first time using Gamebooster in a very long time and I've never used this version. Is this normal behavior of Gamebooster or is it suppose to re-enable everything in such circumstances?

Archived