IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster Causing Internet Issues!!

First off I would like to say that I run a very clean, virus free computer. I will run you down what exactly happened but the end result is razer game booster has done something to my internet connection to where its constantly disconnects or is unusably slow.

It all began with SWTOR, I would run it just fine, after a couple weeks I tried to run SWTOR without the game booster being active, my ping was up between 500 - 900ms, a complete lag fest. I thought "huh thats weird, game booster cant be affecting my connection". Over the next few weeks I tested this over and over, turning things on, turning things off. Razer game booster was the only thing doing this. If i ran SWTOR with it off, 900ms connection, on, 25ms connection (normal). Then after that it slowly slowly slowy just kept bogging down my connection to the point where even with the booster on i would receive 500ms ping. Then my youtube videos wouldnt load. So i uninstalled it all together at that point but my internet connection has been irrevocably changed. I even replaced my modem and ethernet card. I dont know what else to do besides completely reformat my hard drive (losing 1tb of data in the process). If you take the time to read this long mess, I really really appreciate it. If you have a similar experience, please share, If you think you can help, I will post my dxdiag. Again, I am 100000% sure I don't have any viruses on my computer. Thanks

Hi graforlock,

Do you mean that your internet connection becomes very slow after using Razer Game Booster? If you turn on Gaming Mode, the internet connection runs fine. However, if you turn it off, the internet connection is slowed down. Please correct me if I misunderstand you.

Does the problem still exist? If so, please go to the directory C:\ProgramData\Razer\Game Booster and send us the files GameBooster.ini and Process.ini for our further investigation.

Thank you very much.

Archived