IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Doesn't restore Windows default

I just tried out this program and it's pretty good. However I applied the recommended tweaks and restarted, then I wanted to compare with the Windows defaults. So I did Restore to Windows default and restarted. However a lot of the values were not returned to the actual default values in Windows 8. Some of them are tweaked with no way to undo them in the software. For example, WaitToKillAppTimeout is now at 5000 but it should have been restored to the default value of 20000.

Basically when restoring to Windows defaults all of the values should return to the defaults, not just some of them. This is a big problem for me because I did not make a backup of the default values beforehand, thinking that the software would automatically be able to undo all the changes if necessary. But it does not.

I am on Windows 8 Pro x64.

Hi There,

Not my area of expertise but im pretty sure that there gonna ask,

How/which restore function did you use,

Windows/Razor.

Roy

I did 'Restore to Windows default' under the Restore drop down menu in Razer Game Booster v3.6.0.

Hi rjohnsonca,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Actually, the values you see before you used RGB tweaks are not Windows default values. Windows default values are the values of a clean installation of Windows.

Thus, if you want to restore the values before your used RGB tweaks. Please just click " Undo razer game booster tweaks" to restore.:wink:

If you have any suggestions or confusions, please feel free to tell us.

I tried doing that also, however it is still not returning some of the values to true defaults. I am actually trying to achieve the clean installation values. For example WaitToKillAppTimeout default was originally listed as N/A (had a friend take a screenshot of his Windows 8 default settings). Now it is at 5000 despite trying both 'Restore to Windows default' and 'Undo Razer Game Booster tweaks'. The software doesn't truly 'undo' some of the tweaks.

Another strange thing is I had my friend install Razer Game Booster also, on the same version and same operating system. I wanted him to screenshot his untweaked values so I could change them back manually. But his list of tweaks that appeared in the software is a little different from the list of tweaks that appeared in mine. Some of the tweaks that appeared in my Razer Game Booster by default did not appear at all in his. Also it adjusted my ClearType font settings and did not adjust his at all. Again we were both on the same version of the software and both on Windows 8 Pro x64. Perhaps you could shed some light on this.

Edit: I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Razer Game Booster v3.6.0. Now it is only showing 2 tweak recommendations total when previously there were at least 15. This is puzzling behavior to me.

Hi rjohnsonca,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

As you mentioned, the default value of WaitToKillAppTimeout should be 2000. It is a slight bug in our program. We will solve the issue in the next version of RGB.

Now to change the value of WaitToKillAppTimeout to be 2000, please try the steps below:

Please open your RGB ==>click "Tools" and then choose "Tweaks"==>Tick "Expert Mode" . After that, you can see the values and you can click it to change the values of WaitToKillAppTimeout to be 2000. Please refer to the attachment.

For the different values between your friend and you, it is because every PC has its own special situation with different programs installed. Certainly, some fixed default values should be the same.

For the issue " I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Razer Game Booster v3.6.0. Now it is only showing 2 tweak recommendations", it is because that you have tweaked your PC before and the tweaked items will not be displayed. If you want to see details, please just tick "Expert Mode".

Welcome your suggestions to our products and service. Cheers.:wink:

Archived