IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do I manually add an EXE? (BUG?)

Hi, when I try to drag in an exe (skse_loader.exe for Skyrim) I'm told to either drag the exe into the window or use the add button. This window pops up even if I try to add it with the add button so nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Edit: I'm using the steam version of Skyrim.

Thanks

Childofthetao

Hi childofthetao,

Thanks for your feedback.

For the issue you mentioned, please try the method by masterblaster. It should be helpful. Thanks masterblaster's warmhearted reply. Cheers.:-D

That's what I have been trying, it just won't accept it. I've tried the exe itself and a shortcut.

That's what I have been trying, it just won't accept it. I've tried the exe itself and a shortcut.

Sorry I misunderstood what was said. If I create a shortcut from Steam it will work, but i can't play the game from that shortcut to the games launcher or the games main exe, i need to use skse_loader.exe (which Steam doesn't create the shortcut to). Why won't it let me do it?

Sorry I misunderstood what was said. If I create a shortcut from Steam it will work, but i can't play the game from that shortcut to the games launcher or the games main exe, i need to use skse_loader.exe (which Steam doesn't create the shortcut to). Why won't it let me do it?

I play mostly Steam games but not this one. I do know when Steam creates a shortcut to a game, it is not just a shortcut to the EXE. I think for example for Left 4 Dead 2 the shortcut references to game 220 (I am at work and don't remember the exact syntax).

Why not just run Gamebooster, then run your game from Steam?

I play mostly Steam games but not this one. I do know when Steam creates a shortcut to a game, it is not just a shortcut to the EXE. I think for example for Left 4 Dead 2 the shortcut references to game 220 (I am at work and don't remember the exact syntax).

Why not just run Gamebooster, then run your game from Steam?

I do, but sometimes I forget to enable or disable GB.

I'm just going to find the old (red) version of GB, much less buggy, never had a problem with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived