IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disable Superfetch & Prefetch while gaming?

Is this a good idea? If so, can we see it implemented into Razer Game Booster? Thanks!

Disable SuperFetch and Prefetch.

Both SuperFetch and Prefetch boost Windows and application start-up times (in some cases, at least!). For games, however, I noticed that loading times and background activity actually increases when both of these Windows caching features are enabled, so I recommend turning them both off if you’re an avid gamer.

To do this, go to “Control Panel”, “System and Security”, “Administrative Tools” and “Services”. Scroll down until you see the “SuperFetch” entry, double-click on it, and choose “Disabled” from the list.

http://dn2.blog.tune-up.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Panel-400x449.png

Hit “OK”, and close all of the windows. Next, open up the registry; click on the Start orb, and type in “regedit”. Hit Enter, and go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters”. Double-click on “EnablePrefetcher”, and enter “0” (default value is “3”) to disable the Prefetcher.

• 4 years later...

I've faced this issue before while gaming so I would suggest to disable it. This is caused by 100% CPU usage so to solve service host superfetch error, you've to disable superfetch and you can do this by following the steps below. For detailed guide check: https://clouttechie.com/solved-service-host-superfetch-high-disk-space-usage-error/ One of the following steps will sort out the problem: 1.Disable from services - Run command services.msc and then disable superfetch. 2.Disable from Registry using Regedit command.

• 9 months later...

Use Windows resource monitor and go to the disk tab. Sort by disk by total and tell us what exactly is taking up all your disk usage. If it's something like automatic virus scans or large file writes on to your HDD then Superfetch will not help you. Post a screenshot of that disk tab.

Can you actually see Superfetch actually taking up lots of resources like RAM or CPU? If not then forget about it.

9Apps Lucky Patcher VidMate

Archived