IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What type of computer do game booster help the most?

If you want to test this, have your friend run WOW without Gamebooster 2 and check his FPS. You do the same. My guess is his FPS will be greater.

There are likely other differences with your computers like Internet connections. Some games are very CPU dependent also.

Gamebooster 2 will squeeze out a few extra FPS by shutting down services you don't need when playing games.

In my experience, I doubt it will allow you to play a game that you couldn't otherwise play.

• 1 month later...
i know but this is wow here not one graphical update since it was release in 2004. Now here is the messed up part since i first got my comp it ran most of my games including wow like a baby now its kinda slow and laggy

Sounds like you need a thorough cleaning of the pc. How often do you run your spyware, malware and virus scans?

How often do you defrag your pc?

How old is the pc and is it showing other signs of it dying?

And for the record, WoW has gone through(albeit minor in comparison to other games) graphical updates, especially if your not just playing Vanilla WoW.

Hope this helps some!

ps. I highly recommend Advanced System Care 4. It optimized my pc excellently.

Your comp has the following:

Intel Pentium T4200 / 2.0 GHz CPU.

4.0 GB RAM

Intel GMA 4500MHD Dynamic Video Processor

You are right, you easily meet CSS requirements but that doesn't mean it will run it well.

My wife has a more powerful laptop and it runs it like crap.

Laptops are generally no good for gaming.

Well i dont know my computer dosent have any malware or spyware because i run malwarebytes and avast weekly disk defrag also and i always check for updates. Btw what do you mean counter strike wont run wont run well? i used to have it on the highest settings and i cap at 60 fps. I think it might do something with windows 7. Should i just go back to vista? Maybe it might do something with the drivers, is it possible to install windows vista drivers on windows 7

Well i dont know my computer dosent have any malware or spyware because i run malwarebytes and avast weekly disk defrag also and i always check for updates. Btw what do you mean counter strike wont run wont run well? i used to have it on the highest settings and i cap at 60 fps. I think it might do something with windows 7. Should i just go back to vista? Maybe it might do something with the drivers, is it possible to install windows vista drivers on windows 7

My wife's laptop has Vista.

My gaming computer had Vista then Windows 7. Windows 7 runs my games better.

I don't think it's the OS.

Could be many things.

Full HDD or fragmented HDD

Video Drivers

Virus or malware

Internet connection

Cluttered registry

Do you use Steam? If so, have you verified your game cache?

To me it's understandable your old laptop doesn't run games (even old ones) well.

I'm more surprised it ever did.

GB2 will improve the performance of a slow computer but it will not make a laptop run like a gaming rig.

Id try running a few different malware programs. No one program catches everything, even the god of anti malware malwarebytes. I started using MSE after i got "hacked" in WoW and found that AVG and Malwarebytes had missed a trojan and a few spyware programs that MSE picked up. I also run spybot and superantispyware at least once a month and have spywareblaster installed.

Id try those before id ever blame GB2 or Win 7.(although i do run Vista and have had no problems so far)

• 2 weeks later...
Id try running a few different malware programs. No one program catches everything, even the god of anti malware malwarebytes. I started using MSE after i got "hacked" in WoW and found that AVG and Malwarebytes had missed a trojan and a few spyware programs that MSE picked up. I also run spybot and superantispyware at least once a month and have spywareblaster installed.

Id try those before id ever blame GB2 or Win 7.(although i do run Vista and have had no problems so far)

So should i install avast, malwarebytes and superantispyware wont all this slow down my computer?

So should i install avast, malwarebytes and superantispyware wont all this slow down my computer?

Think the first one is an antivirus program that runs all of the time. The other are "on demand" so no they won't slow down your computer.

I would recommend a single top rated Internet security suite that does all of this but better. I am an avid gamer and I have used many of them. I just extended my Norton 360 ver 5 for another year. I like it best. It has a "gaming mode" like many do.

Archived