IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit Game Booster Premium Has No Default Values File Anymore...

I uninstalled a prior version of Game Booster after the Default->Top Performance tweak was made and did not restore it to original settings prior to the uninstall. Now, with the newer versions, my Game Booster is stuck on Top Performance cause the Default Values Backup file is gone.

I tried an uninstall, then reinstall, but had no luck. I was tempted to do a full uninstall of all the values for Game Booster so that even the tweaks themselves were removed. That way, if I could do a reinstall on a machine that had been cleaned of Game Booster (short of OS reinstall) entirely, it would be set to Default and could still switch tweaks.

Has anyone ever had an issue similar to this? An uninstall with Top Performance still enabled to upgrade to a later version, only to delete that Backup of the Default setting and have no way to switch on the fly, in a nutshell.

My machine still runs fine since I regularly maintain it with monthly defrags, weekly ASC scans, and weekly AV scans across the board (including Malwarebytes alongside my Avast Internet Security).

Archived