IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My Gamebooster 2.2 refuses to update

I have even created another folder for the supposed updated version to go but every time it starts up and wants to tell me of the new updated version, nothing goes into the folder and nothing gets updated.

I just want to switch off the update but no....wer're not even given the option to turn off update info.

Hi Element UK, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Have you downloaded the most recent current Game Booster 2 version from Game Booster 2.4.1 is released! thread and tried to install it? Please do so if you have not.

It will uninstall the older version and with keeping your aadjustments, install the most recent version. Then, you wil not have to turn off the update info.

Cheers.

And what's so good about this version then? All it wants to do is install loads of stuff I don't want and above all...it's FREE..when I actually paid for Gamebooster !! So where's the really great version that only does what you want it to..like boost your games. Here's the link for anyone that wants a Yahoo toolbar (puke) and interference with your browsing.

http ://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5952&file=15&evp=dc8312b3c3f52e18c69b7584026d7aec

EDIT: Direct download link for GB 2.4.1 from MajorGeeks is delinked.

If you decline the offers, it does not install anything but Game Booster 2.4.1

Certainly the basic edition is FREE, but if you enter a valid license code it will revert to PREMIUM.

It is cleaned of bugs, so it is the version which should be used curently.

What do you mean by "interference with browsing"?

I don't see any reason for you to give a direct download link without sufficient information, and it is not advisable in the IObit Forum to give direct download links unless requested by Admins, Mods, etc..

Also, the thread I have pointed out in my previous post takes you to the same address anyway.

I have delinked the link you have provided.

Cheers.

Hi Element,

I had a similar problem - I was only getting a 264k file which if you tried to run it directly said it was corrupt. I downloaded a new version of the software from one of the mirrors and installed it over the top, that worked fine. Didn't even have to reinput my registration key!

Cheers

Chaz

Archived