IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Should i trust the gameboost option that closes processes?

Hello people, I just got this program called Gamebooster. My rig usualy works fine with ALL Games. Except this one called Arma 2 but that's not the point.

I was on their forum searching for help about low FPS and such, One of them recommended gamebooster and the thread ended up dying.

And so, I got gamebooster just now installed and everything. I might get premium soon if i see good performance out of it. However i have fear of this program shutting down necessary processes. Excuse my spelling please.

All i did was, Press " Click to boost " Alot of processes marked as Red came up and said they were closable.

Only 3 were gray and im not closing those, But i still don't know if i should trust this option.

What if its marked bad for gaming but when i shut it off something important shuts off too. I really don't want any damage to my computer. Not hardware ofcourse. Thats not what i mean, Just generaly in terms of processing. It marked such stuff as " Diagnostic System Host " as closable.

But to me it sounds important :-|

Well either way, Im sorry for the wall of text but i will not proceed to use this program without the feedback of community.

Thanks in advance.

#1) Don't buy the Premium version. They are discontinuing it for a all free model.

#2) The processes that are stopped are temporary. Nothing is permanent. If something isn't working properly after the boost, revert. If revert didn't work for some reason, reboot.

Thanks for the help mate! Ill do that. I guess i worry too much :|

#1) Don't buy the Premium version. They are discontinuing it for a all free model.

#2) The processes that are stopped are temporary. Nothing is permanent. If something isn't working properly after the boost, revert. If revert didn't work for some reason, reboot.

I followed this here, and now my computer shuts off randomly. I know it's not over heating as it wont even be on for a whole minute. Like a moron I didn't set a restore point, and I can't figure out why it's doing this.

I used Turbo Boost, GameBooster 2.4, Game Defrag, Defrag2. Has this happened to anyone else? Any thoughts?

Game Booster doesn't change anything permanently.

Are you saying you boosted, then reverted back, now your computer randomly turns off?

I don't think Game Booster had anything to do with that. You have something else going on.

When Game booster is not loaded (running) does your computer turn off?

It's probably related to you overclocking your CPU.

Don't run Turbo Boost. Does it still turn off?

Archived