IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game booster - which background application I can disable?

Hi guys, I got a question about game booster I thought you might be able to help me out.. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I downloaded game booster V2.41 today was setting up which programs to disable... well i disabled all "unecessary services" and "non-window services" and onto the "background application" page I was kind of stuck, some of these programs look quite important for the computer to run such as iexploe.exe... Im tempted to click on "check all" but I dont want anything to happen to my computer, lol.

If anyone know which program is neccesary for the computer to run properly please let me know so I can tick on the rest...to disable whatever I dont need..

Im a beginner at this program so everything I did so far is only out of wild guesses lol. Please help thanku :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I also got an extra question... is it ok to switch on game mode all the time because if the computer will run so muh faster than I would like to, but I hope that wouldnt cause the computer to crash... thanks!

hi ultimate_coca_cola (whatever that is :-) )

What you are asking depends on what services you need running all the time.

To get a better grasp of what those services do, please open services fx. by writing services.msc in Run and read about them there.

The gamebooster simply deactivates the services you do not need for running your game temporarily while you play.

You may want to deactivate some servises all the time if you do not have any need for them. This can also be done in services.msc

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi guys, I got a question about game booster I thought you might be able to help me out.. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I downloaded game booster V2.41 today was setting up which programs to disable... well i disabled all "unecessary services" and "non-window services" and onto the "background application" page I was kind of stuck, some of these programs look quite important for the computer to run such as iexploe.exe... Im tempted to click on "check all" but I dont want anything to happen to my computer, lol.

If anyone know which program is neccesary for the computer to run properly please let me know so I can tick on the rest...to disable whatever I dont need..

Im a beginner at this program so everything I did so far is only out of wild guesses lol. Please help thanku :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I also got an extra question... is it ok to switch on game mode all the time because if the computer will run so muh faster than I would like to, but I hope that wouldnt cause the computer to crash... thanks!

Hi ultimate_c_c

As I said if you write services.msc in Run (Start/Run) the window containing the services will open even if you have your settings ticked to not show protected system files (that setting is in control panel/folder options.

Please read Usage of IObit Products - link in my signature

Cheers

solbjerg

Thankyou for your help! :mrgreen:

what is services fx and how do I open it? and what is services.msc where can I read it?

I tried googling it came up with something completely irrelavant lol x(

PS: wow I have so many strange programs in my computer I don't even know what they are!

Hi ultimate_coca_cola

You are welcome - good luck with your studies :-)

It is really not easy to give you advice on which services to choose, it depends mostly on you preferences - and I do not know them.

Cheers

solbjerg

Oh right thats what you meant sorry right I'll go do that now thanks solbjerg!

Hi ultimate_coca_cola

Sorry for the Danish interface, but I can show you no other at the moment.

If you mark one of the services a description will appear to the left in the window, read it and decide if you need it or not.

You can get some help and further description through black viper I think a link for that site is mentioned in Usage of IObit Products

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8034&stc=1&d=1312457784

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. this is probably the link you need: http://www.blackviper.com/2009/05/31/black-vipers-windows-vista-service-pack-2-service-configurations/

I just looked at both pages the services and the Usage of IObit Products , both huge lists of things that I have no idea what it is, x(

Sorry what am I meant to be looking at please let me know thanks :mrgreen:

Hi ultimate_c_c

If you happen to disable a service that you discover you need after all, you can just go into services again and change the setting of that particular service again.

To be as safe as possible my advice is to keep a record of what changes you have made.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok I have disabled a few things now :mrgreen:

I shall venture my way to rid all useless program lol

thanks for your help solbjerg :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hi ultimate_coca_cola

You are welcome! Have grabbed a coke - needed some liquid anyway :-)

Not the ultimate kind though :-)

Hope it all works out for you!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. an easy way to keep a record of your changes in services is to

save a a file of the settings both before and after the change. This is done by clicking on Action in the menu bar and select export list - and then save the lists somewhere or print them out.

If one needs to change the settings it is usually easiest if one has a print-out to look at when the changing is going on.

p.p.s. I read somewhere that one of our Danish singers at his deathbed whispered to his son that he wanted a whisky and cola - this surprised me so much that I tried it myself, and it was actually surprisingly good! :-)

Thanks for all your help solbjerg :mrgreen: I shall continue to venture....:mrgreen: Have a coca cola on me! *gives a can of coca cola*

Archived