IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I have some suggestions for the Game Booster

It's a great product so far, but it's missing a few features that I think will really help gamers like myself. It should save what service you checked or unchecked even after you close the program so you don't have to keep on doing it over and over every time it opens. This would make it much easier to use since all you would have to do is open the program and press the 'game mode' button.

The other feature that would make it easier to use is either don't list vital services that should not or cannot be stopped or highlight them in some way to indicate that they are vital. This would prevent people from making mistakes. :-)

SMARTRAM imbedded tray into game booster?

Those are great suggestions, however, I would like to add another feature request. The Game Booster displays a message that it defragments memory but it would be helpful if it would display, perhaps in a box similar to what the tray icon does for smartram, how much RAM currently free. This might help people understand which services they can select or de-select to keep the most amount of RAM available for their game.

Hi M8trix,

I have checked the services listed by gamebooster, seems like all of them are unnecessary for games.8)

They might be all unnecessary for games in general but the computer system needs some to be running to ensure system stability.

Three "significant" requests

Game Booster does a great job with system services but there are a number of issues that prevent it from being a comprehensive solution. I have a number of programs in the system tray that should be halted but are not seen by this utility. It would be very useful to expand the scope of GB to include these, perhaps by listing active processes with the option to halt/restart them.

Additionally, instead of terminating processes the option to either reduce their priority or suspend them for the session duration would be useful to those who can spare the memory and/or to reduce the recovery time.

You might also consider the option of starting programs as well. I like to run Fraps, joy-pad key mapper and overclocking software when I game.

Lastly, the option to save these preferences and settings. I know this is a lot but I think it is consistent with the purpose of GB and, hey, no one else has done it yet....

• 2 weeks later...

Great product but...

I love the game booster but GB3 seemed liked it performed better and shows free memory and etc etc... GB3 would also change the explorer settings in Win 7 making it hog less resources what happened to that in GB4??

Keep up the great work guys I love your stuff and I tell everyone about it!!! :-P

Other suggestions

Game Booster is great -- it works well for me playing 1-minute chess on the Free Internet Chess Server. Previously, I had to go into Linux to get decent speed; now I can stay in Windows 7 and play really fast chess.

It seems to me to be MORE than just a game booster. I am trying it out for games like Firefox and Internet Explorer! In other words, it helps me diagnose what I'm running that I really need and what I don't need.

I would like it if I could turn things back on one at a time so I could decide whether their benefits were really work their speed cost.

Game Booster is obviously useful for straight troubleshooting -- if running Game Booster solves whatever problem you are having, you know that one of the things you turned off caused the problem (or running Game Booster solved some general resource problem such as lack of memory).

I was in computer tech support for eight years, and I wish I had had Game Booster as a general diagnostic tool -- it beats telling users to turn off programs one at a time!

I think you should try turning Game Booster into a really good diagnostic tool and optimizer. Give me the option in Game Booster to PERMANENTLY turn off programs that I never really needed but were installed automatically!

I have a name for the new tool. I once helped name a program now owned by Symantek, called Clean Sweep, a program uninstaller.

I would call this one Clean Slate, because you start with a minimum configuration.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a great product so far, but it's missing a few features that I think will really help gamers like myself. It should save what service you checked or unchecked even after you close the program so you don't have to keep on doing it over and over every time it opens. This would make it much easier to use since all you would have to do is open the program and press the 'game mode' button.

I concur with this suggestion. It is a bit annoying to switch off iTunes helper, Wordweb, Iobits defragmentation programs, etc, every time you run the Game Booster. Perhaps an option is make various profiles depending on the needs for the whatever you are going to run.

By the way the name Game Booster suggests it is boosting games but I guess it would be very suitable for Photoshoppers which is a notorious computer resource hogger.

• 1 year later...

I too use Firefox, and Game Booster2 helps to speed it up a lot. It would be nice also, to have more of a description of the "Game Essentials" before downloading them. I am not a huge gamer, but I play a bit, and I ended up downloading things I didn't need (like Xfire) because I don't chat while playing. I ended up uninstalling 3 of the four things I downloaded.

Many games use a launcher these days, FO3, NFS World. At least FO3 requires to be launched that way, I think.

The game box is a pretty neat feature but if I copy the launcher shortcut in there, GB switches to game mode and then quits just before the actual game is launched.

Could it somehow detect if a selected game is running and then switch to game mode? It would be even better if I could save profiles and GameBooster would pick just the correct one for each game.

Archived