IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Evenbalance's stand on Game Booster.

Kainus

01/09/2010 00:59:39 - "{FMZ}Kainus[AON]"

Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.

I was told by my father to get Advanced System Care by IObit. Along with it comes a freeware program called Game Booster which claims:

"Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts. It works by temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance. That means you can keep all the features of Microsoft® Windows Vista® and XP® ready for when you need them, but turn them off when you are ready to get down to serious business � gaming. Game Booster makes it simpler to enjoy the latest games and take your experience to a new level. All systems go!"

BEFORE I try using it is there a possibility of having issues with your systems. If so I will not even try it.

01/09/2010 03:18:12 - "Hendrik T"

Note #2: Such tools are not allowed on PB enabled servers, as those act like speedhacks.

You might want to contact Evenbalance the makers of Punkbuster and work with them to be sure they understand what your program does.

Which is why Evenbalance should be contacted. Until Hendrik and the rest know why Game Booster is different they will tell everyone it is not different. However, until Hendrik says all is well I and my clan can not afford to chance a third party ban for trying to run it.

Have you emailed IObit customer support directly about this issue?

Im sure they will take this matter very seriously if you do. They can explain to 'Hendrik' what game booster does in detail.

Im sure if he used/read the information on websites that describes what the program does and how it works, he will see that it is not intended to be used as a hack it just makes games run more smoothly on older less powerful machines.

People can actually disable services and programs them selves manually but this program does it for them. So essentially it is only making use of a feature that windows already has but in a neat tidy program which even average computer users can use.

wrexe

Here is the result of the inquiry about Evenbalance.

We've contacted EvenBalance. It's safe to use GameBooster on PB-enabled games. Actually they are not specifically targeting GB, they just misunderstood some users' words. GB neither hooks the game nor changes the clock, so it's totally compatible with PB, and any other anti-cheats.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Indeed, it's a real shame that they don't patch the kicking problem when playing on PB servers with the Steam Overlay on. I am forced to transfer to non PB servers due to this.

Archived