IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestions for Game Booster

Hi everybody,

I have opened this thread as a sticky for Game Booster because of the requests of the users.

Please, give links to the former suggestions if you feel they should be included here, so I can move them to this thread.

Thank you and cheers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I did a little testing tonight with the GB ini file to see what could and couldn't be done with it.

With regards to commenting, it appeared that I was able to use a semi-colon ; to comment and it would still execute the disable/close function.

I tried // as well but this didn't seem to work.

Unfortunately the ini file is overwritten with a fresh updated one each time GB runs which doesn't include the additional comments added.

Bottom line for comments: Not possible in this version.

Would be a nice addition if the developers could implement it.

I also tried encapsulating a program name that contained a space in it with quote marks "" as this is the way windows gets around the problem and I just thought it might be the case in Game Booster.

Again, this did not work for me but would be another nice addition if the devs are reading this.

One last thing, if a forum moderator or developer reads this, could you add a sticky in the Game Booster forum for suggestions please.

I have a couple but have not had chance to wade through the 14 pages of threads to check if someone has already suggested them.

I just figured it would be better to have all suggestion in one place and easily accessible.

EDIT: Done, you are here. 8:)

Right click taskbar close option needed.

I mentioned this before but want it included here.

When GB is running and you want to restore to non-game mode, there should be a mouse right click option on the GB taskbar icon, to restore to non-game mode.

Having to open it first to do that is sort of a waste of time.

I think this is a very important option that is really needed.

• 2 weeks later...

a very simple one... when you click on "Switch to Gaming Mode", there is only two options: "Close Them" and "Skip" both of which switch to gaming mode, which I get, but it would be nice to have a cancel button there, for the few times that I decide not to play, it would save me a second and half :oops:, I'm very lazy :-?

Hi erockin84,

Which version are you using?

In the last version, there is a third button as "Cancel" button at the place where you mention "Close Them" and "Skip", and it is possible to cancel switching to gaming mode at that stage.:grin:

Please update to Game Booster version 1.4.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

I know that there is a Boost(B) feature with ASC. See attachment. I never use it actually, and I also don't know if that really helps. But if it does help to start applications faster then ussual, then I think you could integrate that feature with the new GB. So the games will start faster. It is about performance right? So I think that IObit can include that feature in it. This is my suggestion.

Blacksea

Hi blacksea,

Boost(B) feature with ASC is to elevate the Normal priority of a process to High priority.

So, the PC will prefer to allocate the resources, to the selected process, with a higher priority.

When starting a game, it could be easily used within right-click menu of even a shortcut of a game.

Since you don't start a game within Game Booster, what would be the advantage of having the function in GB?

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

Well your right but, since the average user who starts GB, starts it because he/she wants to play a game at the moment. So I thought that if they pres 'switch to game mode' then GB gives the game they want to play a high priority(which can be an option of GB, user can choose that in the GB as a option).

So what I mean is, that there is an option in GB where you can select the game to give automatic 'high' priority every time you switch to GB.

Cheers.

Hi erockin84,

Which version are you using?

In the last version, there is a third button as "Cancel" button at the place where you mention "Close Them" and "Skip", and it is possible to cancel switching to gaming mode at that stage.:grin:

Please update to Game Booster version 1.4.

Cheers.

Yeah sorry, all better now.

• 1 month later...

Hi all! i'm new here.

First off,

I would like to suggest an on-tray one-click shortcut to closing processes.

This would also eliminate the need for 4 sec countdown to tray minimizing, which is quite irritating.

Win7 service suggestions

I would like to suggest to add the following services to Game Booster:

wscsvc=1
Themes=1

Terminating the Themes-service forces Windows 7 to change the theme to Windows Default which results in less resources used by the OS! :smile: WSCSVC is the service for Windows Security Center and therefore not needed during gaming.

Hi Anthr4X,

Probably you know how to add those to GameBooster.ini file and I take it as a suggestion to IObit that they should put them in the Services List in GameBooster.ini file as default. :idea:

Is that a correct assumption? :?:

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
any chance you could put the option in that turns off the firewall. i think this would help many gamers.

many thanks

Hi stigbeater,

It is easy, but if they ask me, I wouldn't advise IObit to put a funtion to close the firewall.

It will bring a lot of problems, and also Game Booster will be flagged as malware by a lot of security programs including A/V softwares.

Cheers.

any chance you could put the option in that turns off the firewall. i think this would help many gamers.

many thanks

If you got a decent firewall it should be quite easy to make an exception for your game.

Anti-Virus on the other hand, can slow down games a lot.

Enoskype is right, it should not shutdown anti-malware products, but how about IObit products? (Security 360/Malware Fighter)

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Great job on making GB.

I have one suggestion.

Since i use laptop for gaming, i usualy run some programs like trotthlestop, fraps, etc, before starting the game.

I would like option in GB to start theese selected programs for me when i click on "Switch to Gaming Mode".

I hope this will be implemented.

Thanks.

Hi enoskype,

thx for your quick answer.

Maybe i didnt make myself clear enough in first post. What i was asking is to start some programs when clicked on Switch to Gaming Mode, not to close them.

Thread you provided is about closing programs. (or maybe v1.4 supported running them to?)

Cheers.

Archived