IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Box Problem?

ShinigamiO

Hi,

Please try to delete the GameBooster.ini file and then reinstall the latest version to see whether this issue remains.

Usual Path:C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster\GameBooster.ini

Warning: This method will reset all settings of Game Booster.

Cheers.

My Game Box also disappeared

I seem to have the same or at least a very similar problem.

I have been using Game Booster for quite a while now, updated to V2 about a month or 2 ago, whenever it came out.

But suddenly I noticed that the Game Box is gone, that is I can't see it. The "GameBox.exe" process is running, "hide" is not activated, transparency settings are not the issue.

The Game Box is simply not visible.

As for the suggestion about deleting GameBooster.ini - I don't seem to have a file by that name. Neither in the C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster\ directory nor anywhere else on my computer.

I noticed the problem in v 2.0 but installing 2.1 did not help. After uninstalling GameBooster the game link that had been in the Game Box reappeared on my desktop. I un- and reinstalled several times but I still can't see and therefore use it.

Any suggestions?

Hi Thor333,

GameBooster.ini file is in:

C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster

or

C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Game Booster folder for Vista/Windows7

or

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\IObit\Game Booster folder for XP

You have to choose "Show hidden files" option in Folder Options to see the GameBooster.ini file.

Cheers.

Problem solved

masterblaster,

that was actually not even a bad suggestion, but no, I didn't have a minimized window floating around.

enoskype,

you were right the first time. "GameBooster.ini" was/is in the C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster\ directory.

I was apparently too stupid to read and looked in C:\Program Files\IObit\Game Booster\ and then, as you suggested, in C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Game Booster and the ini-File was of course nowhere too be found. Searching my hard drive for GameBooster.ini also didn't help because \ProgramData is a hidden directory - enabling "Show hidden files" option in Folder Options does not affect the search results.

So I was just about to write a long post telling everyone how nothing worked.. but then thought maybe I should check again before I do that. Glad I did. :smile:

So I deleted the file and reinstalled and I can see the Game Box again. Still, I don't know what I might have done to change the .ini in such a way that it causes GameBooster to not show me the GameBox.

Known Bug or did I do something? Anyway, I am happy everything is in working order again.

Thank you for the advice.

Explanation of what happened

Just in case anyone has the same problem, I am pretty certain I found out what happened:

the computer in question is a laptop with a screen resolution of 1366x786. However, I had been basically using it as a desktop computer for quite some time by connecting a keyboard and a 1280x1024 screen.

So, long story short, the problem desrcibed above arose when I used the laptop screen again after a long time of not having done so. I suspect the GameBox settings somehow "remembered" the GameBox being situated in the lower right corner of a 1280x1024 screen and used this setting on a 1366X786 screen - which means the GameBox was somewhere in "virtual space" between 786th and the 1024th pixel, i.e. nowhere to be seen.

I am quite certein that this is what happened because a couple of days after I resolved the problem described above (deleting GameBooster.ini, reinstall) I reconnected the 1280x1024 display and suddenly the GameBox was only half-visible, situated on the lower right-hand side of the screen, but some way above the lower corner, half-way outside the display area.

That's exactly what one would expect jumping from the lower right corner of a 1366x786 display to a 1280x1024 display.

• 5 months later...

Game box Disappeared..

I was using paid version of game booster 2..game box disappeared from last 2 days along with all game shortcuts..looked for ini file in appdata folder but could only see advance system care folder..i deleted that and uninstalled both booster and advance system care..just downloaded version 3 but still can't find gamebox and way to register my paid version. (Windows 7 home premium)

• 1 month later...

I think we need a "Move Game Box" tray button which will make the Game Box "stick" to mouse cursor so that it can be dragged back to the screen. This would make solving problems relating to shy Game Box. Just an idea. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived