IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

12 month license????

slockey

I bought my license for ASC 12 monhs ago. I understood what I was buying was ASC with 12 months of updates e.g. the malware detection database etc. I actually bought it for it's registry clean functionality so the malware database was irelevant to me anyway, however my ASC has just disabled itself and is asking me for more money to run the regcleaner functions!!

I can't find anywhere in the small print that what I bought was a 12 month license to the software functionality. So how do I get my reg cleaning functionality working again or do I need to but something like PC-Tools regclean that doesn't disable itself after 12 months?

Not anti-malware

Welcome to the forum slockey :smile:

Advanced System Care is not anti-malware software and is not advertised as such. IObit Security 360 is the IObit anti-malware software.

The Spyware Removal feature in Advanced System Care is looking for common spyware and is not a replacement for anti-malware software.

Amongst other things, Advanced System Care Pro offers:

Automatic and Scheduled features which must be launched manually in the Free version.

Deep Registry Clean while the Free version offers 'normal' registry cleaning.

Compare the Key Benefits here for the Pro version and here for the Free version

All the best, woz of oz

I don't want the free one I want the one I paid for!

But I'm suspecting that you're going to tell me that what I bought was a 12 month license to use the software. Which, at the time I bought it, was not made clear.

I'll buy PC-Tools instead, that at least won't time out after 12 months and ask for more money.

I'm very glad to hear that your business is doing so well that you can throw away customers!

regards and good bye

Stuart Lockey

Standard 1 year license

.....I can't find anywhere in the small print that what I bought was a 12 month license to the software functionality.....

It is written right there on the webpage: $12.95* /Year/1 PC

* 1 year for 1 PC license: With this service, you receive the right to use this product on one PC during the service period, which begins upon initial installation. This renewable service includes protection updates and new product features as available throughout the service period, subject to acceptance of the IObit Product License Agreement included with this product. Product features may be added, modified, or removed during the service period

I don't want the free one I want the one I paid for!.....

You had it for 1 year which is what you paid for.

....But I'm suspecting that you're going to tell me that what I bought was a 12 month license to use the software....

A 12 month license to use all the features of the software

....Which, at the time I bought it, was not made clear......

It has always been written on the webpage

You have been using Advanced System Care Pro since at least April 2009 and you didn't realize that it is for 1 Year for 1 PC :?:

Hi slocky,

It has always been very clear that all the standard license codes bought are for 1 PC for 1 YEAR, unless it is clearly stated otherwise.

You have to show some kind of evidence before accusing IObit. http://forums.iobit.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

I will be glad to fight IObit together with you if you provide a clue on that subject.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7131&d=1301320959

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For your information, wozofoz and myself are users as you are, and not IObit employee.

You can find out who is from IObit from Information about Forum leaders thread.

It is your choice to use whichever software you prefer, but I am glad to hear that you were happy with ASC3 Pro in the last 24 months.

BTW, what are you going to say PC-Tools after a year when you find out that theirs time out in 12 months and at a price of triple of ASC?

You were not aware of the fact?

What makes you think that IObit throws away customers?

Have a great day.

• 1 month later...

Just reading this thread as I have just purchased ASC4 and Gamebooster2, now I saw this "1pc for 1 year" but I assumed also that would mean updates for a year, and then the program would continue to work after this date but without any further updates, like most other purchased software.

I guess I was wrong, kind of dissapointed really.

Hi tekgun

You assume correctly that the updates that may come while you use the pro version is covered by the license you purchased.

If you should want to use the free version after your license expires it is no problem to do that either.

So there is absolutely no reason to feel disappointed on that account.

Cheers

solbjerg

Just reading this thread as I have just purchased ASC4 and Gamebooster2, now I saw this "1pc for 1 year" but I assumed also that would mean updates for a year, and then the program would continue to work after this date but without any further updates, like most other purchased software.

I guess I was wrong, kind of dissapointed really.

about license

I am not disappointed that I used and still use the ASC but I think you have more to gain when you pay for a product it is yours besides update not to downgrade to free version

I paid specially for automatic care which it is only in paid version

just my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

Updating

I received email to update to version 4 and that my registration # would automatically be entered. I have updated in the past with no problem but this time :roll:

I've hit the link to request code and am still awaiting a response. How long does it take to get your code?

I've been using Advanced SystemCare for a few years now and never had problem till now.:cry:

Welcome

I've hit the link to request code and am still awaiting a response. How long does it take to get your code?

Welcome to the forum semolady :smile:

The license code you were sent via email for version 3 should work with version 4, if you are updating to version 4 on the same computer.

Did you enter that license code after updating to version 4?

All the best, woz of oz

• 10 months later...

Multiple machine ASC Pro License

I bought a multiple machine license including ONE Lifetime license and TWO one year licenses (which I haven't used).Do you know the Web site that has all the code and product details I paid for?....many thanks in advance!

Hi dv8cowboy, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

I suppose, we are talking about Advanced SystemCare 5.2!

I am not aware of a page in IObit web site giving the info for codes of PRO products for the Customers. :roll:

Interesting enough, also I don't know anybody who has a lifetime license in our community. :shock:

Are you sure about that? If sure, what is the price of a lifetime license?

You can learn your information about your license(s) writing an e-mail to support@iobit.com for the attention of Cicely.

Cheers.

Thanks for replying Eno!

...I'm pretty sure there was a promotion for one lifetime license plus two one year licenses on two additional machines (you had to go to the site to pick up the one year codes when needed) for $12.97 for a short time. My problem was that I have misplaced them somewhere.The was a secure site that listed your Products for IO and the licenses therin....maybe I'm getting Altzheimers! :mrgreen:

-Cowboy

Archived