IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

why is IObit on my Windows Explorer

notechknowhow

I hope someone can answer my question.

I just downloaded the laterst version of Advanced SystemCare free. It has placed 2 of its icons at the top of my Internet Explorer opening box; "Shortcuts Fix" and "Open File Location" , which opens my Explorer program files. Not sure I want this. Can I delete these off the Explorer or should I just uninstall the IObit program entirely?

Thanks for any help on this.

Hi notechknowhow, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Although the "Open File Location" already exists in Vista and Win7, since you are using XP, ASC4 has put it there even for XP, it is a very useful function in the right click menu to find the location of the file shortcut is pointing to.

If you really don't want it you can delete it within ASC4=>Toolbox=>IE Helper=>Context menu.

Also, "Shortcut Fix" is a useful function to start the utility program in ASC4 to delete the orphaned (no executable in the destination) shortcuts.

It can be deleted too if you wish.

There is no need to uninstall the program.8:)

My suggestion is to keep them, but if you insist I will describe how to delete them.

Cheers.

Archived