IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Warning con-men using old IObit freeware

j_maybury

There are con-artist's phoning up telling people that they are working in conjunction with Microsoft telling them that there computer has a polymorphic virus and will completely destroy there computer if they don't do something about it. where by they convince you that you need the special program that turns out to be Advanced WindowsCare v2 Personal an old 2008 IO-bit program then they tell you that it costs £60 for the full subscription, and service.

I thought you aut to know, that there dragging you good name through the mud.

I would have posted this in the general forum but I don't have permission.

ASC2 is just one of the many programs used in scams, not sure what IObit could do about this. They could possibly somehow make ASC2 obsolete and people are forced to use ASC4 minimum.

• 6 months later...

conmen

some time ago i wrote in the forum of call i got telling me they were working with micro soft to install ASC on my computer ..like a fool i paid 199 pounds for 10 yrs cover.it was"nt until i got another call trying to obtain another £200+ .i then realised it was a scam,and told them so in good old fashioned east end language.the main reason i am writing today is they recently contacted me again 3-4 times. the phone number they were calling from is .002538020308. i hope this is useful for other members.

Archived