IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Being Perfectly License Legal

CrazyTim

Hey guys, no talkie for a long time!

I particularly want to wave a hand at Eno and Solbjerg! (Still chopping wood, Solbjerg??? :-D )

I just ordered two each new subscriptions for ASC and IMF. (I've been sick a few months so my old subscriptions expired back in November.) Anyway, I'm building a new computer from scratch soon -- all the modules are here, I just got to get my *** started plugging things together. When it's done I'll be putting a copy of ASC and IMF on it. I'll be changing from XP on this system to Windows 7 on the new one, too. It will probably take me a couple months to learn W7, get all the old software installed on the new cpu, and get everything the way I want. (Remember? I'm an old fart and move slow.) For those couple months is it within your policy to allow the same licenses to be used for your software on both my old and new computers? Just checking. (I'm not talking about the other two licenses I just bought for our other computer that my son uses.)

I searched all over these forums, but couldn't find this question answered except in one thread where a customer had lost their licenses in a crash and was moving to a new computer.

--------

One other thing. Did you folks ever end up making any list of what the various, more-popular-to-leave-ignored, Reg Keys are? For instance, one of the more obvious ones is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\SmoothScroll, which allows one to keep there smooth scrolling for mouse wheels. It is one I personally like to keep, but ASC tries to remove it to improve speed. Anyway has anyone ever started a list of the changes ASC prefers to make and what's being done, or found a list of Reg Keys and what they might disable? Some of them get more cryptic and it would sure be nice to know what you're looking at the first time you review the changes that ASC would make by default so you could avoid having to figure out how to and then fix them.

Thx!

CT

Hi Tim

Glad to see you are still keeping your hand in :-)

Waving back at you!

Yes I am still chopping wood, (we have -12°C and about a foot of snow here now).

To your license question I refer you to Cicely or support@iobit.com

I doubt that anyone has bothered to make a list of the "iobit optimizing" items. You should be able to see some of them in your own ignore list.

Good luck with your new computer - I think I will change my XP OS to a new one sometime this year.

Cheers

solbjerg

I particularly want to wave a hand at Eno and Solbjerg! (Still chopping wood, Solbjerg??? :-D )

I just ordered two each new subscriptions for ASC and IMF. (I've been sick a few months so my old subscriptions expired back in November.) Anyway, I'm building a new computer from scratch soon -- all the modules are here, I just got to get my *** started plugging things together. When it's done I'll be putting a copy of ASC and IMF on it. I'll be changing from XP on this system to Windows 7 on the new one, too. It will probably take me a couple months to learn W7, get all the old software installed on the new cpu, and get everything the way I want. (Remember? I'm an old fart and move slow.) For those couple months is it within your policy to allow the same licenses to be used for your software on both my old and new computers? Just checking. (I'm not talking about the other two licenses I just bought for our other computer that my son uses.)

I searched all over these forums, but couldn't find this question answered except in one thread where a customer had lost their licenses in a crash and was moving to a new computer.

--------

One other thing. Did you folks ever end up making any list of what the various, more-popular-to-leave-ignored, Reg Keys are? For instance, one of the more obvious ones is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\SmoothScroll, which allows one to keep there smooth scrolling for mouse wheels. It is one I personally like to keep, but ASC tries to remove it to improve speed. Anyway has anyone ever started a list of the changes ASC prefers to make and what's being done, or found a list of Reg Keys and what they might disable? Some of them get more cryptic and it would sure be nice to know what you're looking at the first time you review the changes that ASC would make by default so you could avoid having to figure out how to and then fix them.

Thx!

CT

For those couple months is it within your policy to allow the same licenses to be used for your software on both my old and new computers?

Hi CT http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9442&stc=1&d=1328445110,

It is nice to see you back in the forum!

I am afraid it is not possible to use a -1PC one year license- in an old PC and a new PC at the same time.

IObit is very helpful to solve the problem when you change a PC to adjust the code for the new PC, but when the code is adjusted for the new PC, you can not use the same code for the old one.

In short, you have to decide which PC you are going to use the license.

solbjerg has answered the other question and not much to say more other than that you can also send a PM to Cicely .

All the best and cheers.

OK, guys. Thx!

I put Cicely's email address in my address book in case I need it. I'll just install IMF Pro & ASC Pro on the new machine once it's built and running and remove them from the old one. I'll try the new licenses I just received on the new installs and contact Cicely if either of them don't work. I don't think it will be big deal to not have IMF/ASC running on the old `puter. I'll mostly just be using the old one across an in-house LAN to transfer data files from it to the new system -- I haven't yet totally figured out the best way to do things. I use Cabonite, off-site, backup software, too, so I could restore files from it.

You can see everything is pretty much ready to start plugging it together...

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Utopia2115/Various041Small.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Utopia2115/Various042Small.jpg

I've got this table set up in the corner of the living room so I can work on it and also be next to the couch (where almost all my reading of paper manuals is done), and the TV is there for background noise. :-D

They'll be two more identical monitors for 3D surround, but I haven't ordered them yet.

I believe I'll also be able to use the two GTX580, triple-slot-wide graphics cards to make toast for breakfast. 8-) The power supply is Corsair, 1200 watt.

By my last count it will have 14 fans, but no word from the design team yet on if it will actually fly. We'll see.

Thx again!

CT

P.S. I almost forgot. I found this slick new keyboard for old retired guys like me that should work great!!!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/Utopia2115/Keyboard1.jpg

Archived