IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I hope this is not a stupid question...

cjack99

Hi all;

First post, but I've been using free version ASC for at least a couple years.

Now I am teetering on buying the pro version, but I must ask a question first, honest answers would be great!

I have been having problems with video capture, and have apparently narrowed the problem down to things like "class not registered" and "driver missing" (depending on app) (except that it's not). Last time I used the video capture with my Sony handycam, everything worked fine, near as I can recall that was about 6 - 9 months ago. (I don't use it much, but when I do I like it to work) Camera IS recognized by Device Manager, and shows no issues. Pretty sure it's a registry thing.

I performed deep care with the free version, and was impressed that it actually fixed windows media player which quit working some time ago. However, there seems to be no fix for Windows Live Movie Maker, which is one of the video capture programs not working, and the error I get with that is "class not registered".

So,,, if the pro version would fix that, I would buy in a heartbeat! But, since I'm fixed income / retired / unemployed,,,, I have stopped making purchases unless I have at least a decent chance of something working.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time

cactus

Archived