This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Cicely

This issue is becoming more serious every time it is posted, and telling users not to worry is unacceptable. There is something seriously wrong here. Either Iobit's helpline is being hi-jacked, or Iobit are unable to control their so called Support Partner. I am extremely concerned about this whole business, and it's impact on the reputation of Iobit and the Forum.
    The second number which User Lori mentions ( i1- 844-219-1732) is highlighted as a Scam, see this Link
    The most worrying part about this is that Iobit do not appear to be dis-associating themselves from this practice/harassment but instead are issuing explanations. This issue needs to be dealt with definitively and finally and all necessary steps taken to prevent other users from being subjected to this harrowing experience.
    To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Thanks Scannan, great investigation, I totally agree with you.

Cheers.
      enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Hi Scannan and enoskype,

@ Scannan,thanks for making everything clear here. Yes, we should try our best to avoid our users being cheated by this kind of sam that is why we post this thread here.

I will continue to pay attendtion to these situations and see anything else we can do to avoid this situation.
        IObit Support Team --
        If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Hi,

If you received these kind of calls, do not provide any of your personal data. They might be phishing your identity. The same with emails. Do not click any unverified links.

Cheers!

Comment

Believe me, this was the most irritating thing happened in this week. I was so disturbed with the interception of telephone line. That makes my internet works like darn! Fortunately, line man came and fix the issue, now happy life!

Comment

Calling the support line on front page and trying to make a purchase the call was confiscated by people with thick accents wanting a lot of personal information and asking me to make a remote connection to them

Comment

damn this thread was posted the first time i went to school
                now i am a developer how far i went daamn

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l
                Last edited by jhoney00; Oct. 9th, 2019, 12:18.

Comment

now more frequent

Comment

Originally posted by Forda Moemint View Post
                    Calling the support line on front page and trying to make a purchase the call was confiscated by people with thick accents wanting a lot of personal information and asking me to make a remote connection to them
                    Scammers often pretend to be someone you trust, like a government official, a family member, a charity, or a company you do business with. Don’t send money or give out personal information in response to an unexpected request — whether it comes as a text, a phone call, or an email.

Comment

The number we called was one of the ones you recorded in your answer to me. The number that she called us from after my significant other hung up on her isn't both of the numbers you recorded. It was: 1-844-219-1732! So this currently has me considerably more stressed at this point! How would I realize she doesn't at present have an entrance to my PC? No, I have not had the spring up since yet am examining my PC again when I shouldn't need to. I filtered it the previous evening after everything was said and done and today needed to do likewise. Indeed, we have an old PC, can't support that. I will check as regularly varying, yet, I simply am awkward with what occurred and that she called us from a number not recorded. Would you be able to affirm that the number she called us from is with your organization?

Comment

Working...
                      X