IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

License Issues and Customer Satisfaction

Buddahfan

I really like using IObit products but licensing is another situation all together. It seems as long as I am a licensed user of IObit I might be cursed with license problems.

Current License Problems (I won't even talk about old license problems, solved)

Current Active Licenses

ASC w AV for 3 computers

IMF Pro for 3 computers

Computer Setup

1. Two Dell 570MT computers fully licensed and working for both ASC w AV and IMFPro.

2. One Acer Netbook - Was fully licensed and working for both ASC w AV and IMF Pro - Replaced W7 with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS over a month ago. Therefore, for over a month I have been using only two of the three ASC w AV and IMF Pro Licenses

3. One new Dell 660 MT - Installed ASC w AV and IMF Pro. Tried to register them since I thought I had a license available for each since I replaced W7 with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on the Netbook.

I could not register them. I was told I exceeded my license limit. Indicating to me that even though the Netbook had not been using either product for over a month IObit is still saying I was using ASC w AV and IMF Pro on three computers and not two. Anyway I contacted IObit support about 10 hours ago so I do expect a response and a resolution next week. However,

Compare to SAS Pro

Identical situation with SAS Pro up to the point where they said I could not register since I had used up all my licenses.

However, they have a feature where you can go to their website and tell them to re-activate any licenses not used within the prior thirty days. I had a Pro license for two computers but was using the license on only one computer since I replaced W7 with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on the Netbook. I was able to re-activate the license on line and the re-activation automatically applied itself to the SAS Pro on my new Dell 660MT within 30 seconds of re-activating it. Obviously they know if you are using their software. Not a difficult thing to do especially for a program that gets regular anti-malware definition updates.

I have read the IObit FAQ page and checked the Obit Support section and can find nothing that will allow me to do this with ASC w AV and IMF Pro. Not only that but it gets worse. Every time I go to use ASC w AV and IMF Pro it is telling me I need to buy a license. Needless to say after my experience with SAS Pro I am not too happy with IObit and their license issues especially in light of my previous license issues with their products.

Suggestion

Enable re-activation features similar to what SAS has. In addition to the 30 day re-activation option they also give you the capability to re-activate all your fully paid for licenses even the ones you are using. They however recommend you use the 30 day option. My guess is the full re-activation turns all of your computers using SAS Pro into SAS Free and you then have to manually re-enter your license on each computer. As you do the count of used licenses goes up until you reach your maximum allowable count of purchased seats on your license.

P.S. I had the same situation with avast! AIS 7 but they went one better than even SAS. They just asked for my license code upon install and accepted it right off no problem. That is how it should work

• 1 month later...

I have had a similar problem every time I start ASC it shows that I have the FREE version so I click upgrade and enter my LC code and we are good. But i does not stay the next time I need to use some of the tools I have to repeat this process. It seems that it just want stick. Keeps showing that I am using the free version on start up. I don't understand. ANY toughts would be great!

I have had a similar problem every time I start ASC it shows that I have the FREE version so I click upgrade and enter my LC code and we are good. But i does not stay the next time I need to use some of the tools I have to repeat this process. It seems that it just want stick. Keeps showing that I am using the free version on start up. I don't understand. ANY toughts would be great!

Which Version of ASC are you using.

(there are Many versions available)

The Exact version number will be helpful.

Hi bcttarget... welcome here!

Please respond to Toppack's advisement:

Which Version of ASC are you using.

(there are Many versions available)

The Exact version number will be helpful.

You must be alive on the internet when you activate your license. You should use the Copy/Paste Windows function to enter your license into ASC. Are you accessing the internet through a proxy, if so that could be the problem.

Once you have activated your license, are you able to download the newest updates... (before you close the program).

So many questions.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a laptop stolen and wanted to register my replacement - a quick email to ioBit and it was sorted within hours. Also some previous problems with Avangate renewing too early - again a quick email to ASC and it was sorted and an extra 3 months for my trouble. Can't get better than that!

• 2 months later...

Archived