IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What is a Sticky Thread

Scannan

It just means that those threads always Stay at top of list of threads,

and do Not move down, as new threads are added, like normal threads do.

The website Administrators decide which are Sticky.

Personally I think there are a few Old Sticky-treads that Need to be Deleted,

but most have general information, of interest to Everyone.

• 5 months later...

Hi BavonWW;89566... welcome here!

Don't laugh, but way back in the days of dial-up, when I was a proto-geek, I thought Sticky was the name of a particularly helpful, and active user!

So you are no longer a proto-geek! Very good!!

@Toppack: Personally I think there are a few Old Sticky-treads that Need to be Deleted, Agreed!

I think deleting them may be a bit drastic, why not just unstick them? solbjerg

Which ones are obsolete stickies, please?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi BavonWW

Your post put me in mind of an experience my father had and told us about when he was quite old.

He had been singing a psalm for years as a child

that had a line that said:

"Du kvæger i ørknen den tørstende sjæl" and my father had always sung it as:

"Du kvæler i ørknen den tørstende sjæl"

kvæger means - refresh, reinvigorate (an uncommon expression in Danish)

kvæler means - strangle

The meaning of the first was "you refresh in the desert the thirsty soul"

and my father had sung "you strangle in the desert the thirsty soul"

he had of course wondered about it but had concluded that it might be more compassionate to strangle the poor fellow in the desert than letting him die from thirst. :-)

First as a middleaged man he had realized his misconception (my father was a teacher)

Cheers

solbjerg

Don't laugh, but way back in the days of dial-up, when I was a proto-geek, I thought Sticky was the name of a particularly helpful, and active user!

Hi solbjerg,

That was quite a funny story. Thanks for it.

Here is another one. Many years ago my dad had a growth which required testing to see whether it was benign or malignant; and one evening in a Windows Live Messenger chat with him, he had told me that he had to go in and have an autopsy done to find out which it was. . . I said "an autopsy (!), don't you mean biopsy." He then said something to the effect, "oh yeah, I'm not dead yet." :idea:

regards,

Laurence

PS) By the way, that one had been benign.

Hi Laurence

Glad to hear it was benign. Hope he is still with you!

My father was born in 1903 and reached the age of 83

For a long time I missed being able to ask him questions - he was very knowledgeable.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

That was quite a funny story. Thanks for it.

Here is another one. Many years ago my dad had a growth which required testing to see whether it was benign or malignant; and one evening in a Windows Live Messenger chat with him, he had told me that he had to go in and have an autopsy done to find out which it was. . . I said "an autopsy (!), don't you mean biopsy." He then said something to the effect, "oh yeah, I'm not dead yet." :idea:

regards,

Laurence

PS) By the way, that one had been benign.

Archived