IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IOBit uses contract developers

captainron

I was actually told(long after I suspected it) by someone who wishes to remain nameless, that IOBit uses contract developers and the sporadic updates and disabled integrated updater are do to poor communication between them and the marketing people who run IOBit...

This is another reason I stopped testing software here, besides all the critical bugs I reported that remain years later...

I was actually told(long after I suspected it) by someone who wishes to remain nameless, that IOBit uses contract developers and the sporadic updates and disabled integrated updater are do to poor communication between them and the marketing people who run IOBit...

This is another reason I stopped testing software here, besides all the critical bugs I reported that remain years later...

Hi captainron,

You may be right for the first part of your post which is used by most of the software developers, but I know that persons running IObit are not marketing people (Although Europe side and Facebook are run by marketing minded people IMO.). Countless times they have responded to my and many member's bug reports correcting them.

I must admit that there are some communication lags and laps, but I can never say that IObit is non-responsive.

Please be sure that I personally have information about IObit that not many other people are aware of, so please check again the correctness of your nameless source.

Sorry to say but, you have not responded my PMs about my attempts to help to IObit understand you. They have requested that from me and I have asked you and waited in vain.

The problem is you have to be very clear and precise for IObit developers to understand you, because the developers are not good in English and they respond to whatever the middle persons convey to them. If the non-technical middle persons do not understand what you are saying, certainly it will not be transfered to the concerned developers correctly and openly.

You are a well versed person in computers, so it will be pity if IObit will not make use of your knowledge. I am repeating my wish here again that please explain the bugs in detail and in simplicity, and I am ready to be the person to follow up.

You can either post in the Forum or PM me the problems and the bugs in details, so if there are any questions about the understanding of it, I can return to you.

Thank you and cheers.

I did not know that IObit contracted out software development to others that are not of their company. Is this for all their software? Or do they also have software developers of their own (i.e. not contracted out, but employed by and working for IObit on a full time basis)?

Nor do I know the size of the company, whether it be small to large. Etc. Actually there is by far much more I do not know than know. And to be honest, much of that is fine by me.

However what does matter to me is this: does the software they provide for free and for fee work as advertised; is there helpful support provided for their software, and is it made available in a timely manner; and is there ongoing development (bug fixes, feature enhancements, etc.) of their software. And of course whether the security, safety, speed, and overall performance of what they offer is up to par.

Hey, make sure those things are in effect and IObit can be a mysterious entity if they want to. ;-)

regards,

Laurence

LaurenceJ

There is nothing mysterious about Iobit. They provide an excellent assortment of software, which works extremely well. Even if they do contract out to some software developers, that is not unusual. This is how business works in the modern world. Even your government contracts outside contractors to perform functions, either because they are more cost effective and or more competent.

I agree that there is a weakness in Iobits management and marketing strategy, but it is a relatively new company and it will learn and become more efficient and effective. In the meantime they provide a very good product, both free and paid and I am quite sure that everybody will agree that it is absolutely great value when compared to the many more expensive products which are available.

I agree fully with Enoskype, that Iobits support is second to none and there is no question that they put a lot of effort into continuously improving their product and service. There is a language barrier at the moment, but I believe this will improve and will cease to be a problem.

Hi Scannan,

I didn't say IObit 'was' or 'is' mysterious', but said they could be if they wanted to - and it wouldn't make any difference to me as long as their software and support was as I described.

But hey, nothing wrong with a little mystery (even if it was present); it too can be used for good. :-)

regards,

Laurence

Hi captainron,

We really want to resolve the bugs you reported. But the problems is that the information you gave regarding the bugs are too less to understand those bugs and resolve them.

We contacted you several times hoping that you will provide us some details so that we can describe these bugs to our programmers and solve them.

Normally, when the programmers to look into these bugs, they need the following information:

1. The operating system.

2. The actions took that cause this bug or the module of our program which caused the bug.

3. The description of the bug, like the error message or a screenshot of the problem.

4. Sometimes, the programmers need the repair log to have a further check.

If you are willing to provide us details regarding these existed bugs, you can post here or PM me or email me via support@iobit.com.

Thanks for your understanding.

Archived